This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot add 2nd Thermostat

The plugin doesn't see the 2nd thermostat in the Thermostat List. The model of the thermostat is RTH9585WF1004. Running v4.0.9 of the plugin (trial version).

I have 2 thermostats in my own home so that's what I test with. So I'm going to need the rest of the requested details in order to see what's different about the data you're getting back from Honeywell based on your setup vs. mine in order to figure this one out.

Comment

The trace is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. What I see there is that you have the location data properly stored in the INI file in your config directory:
        Locations=[{"locationID":6210195,"name":"Home","devices":[{"DeviceID":"2469211","Name":"MASTER THERMO"}]}]

But it's unsuccessful when it tries to log in:
        12/15/2022 07:42:38.596 Error HWConnection.Login - --2469211-- Login failed for an unknown reason - text not found.

In my experience, that typically happens when you've logged in too frequently and HW temporarily locks you out. (It could be because your username/password are wrong, but since the location data is cached, that means it worked successfully once, so I'm guessing that's not it unless you know some reason it might be.)

Unfortunately I'll need you to try turning trace logging on again, then give it a couple of minutes and make sure the Status is Successful so you know it's working. Then go to the Thermostat List page and click "Update Locations". Once that finishes, download and re-send the log file, please.

(FWIW, someone else posted a somewhat similar issue - doesn't see 2nd thermostat - so I tested mine again and it's still getting both, so I'm stumped at the moment, but if I can see the traffic you're seeing I'm sure I can figure it out!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	23.1 KB ID:	1581492

Comment

I've attached another trace and 3 screenshots. The screenshot stays the same after I select the UPDATE LIST button. I went to the Configuration screen and came back to the Thermostats screen then the thermostat list shows a blank.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am having same issue. I just added new second thermostat (SECOND FLOOR). I only see the original unit in list (FIRST FLOOR) after UPDATE LIST. I stopped the plug in, renamed the HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.ini, started plugin and completed the initial setup. I now see the new thermostat, but lost the initial one. Please let me know what I can supply to help further troubleshoot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	90
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1581608

Views:	68
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1581609

Comment

Just submitted 4.2.0.10 with the fixes for this. Should be available on Monday.

Comment

... ok, I actually see now the error I made. I created two different locations with one thermostat each. I redid the configuration in honeywell site for both thermostats in same location, then repeated my steps above, and I see both thermostats now! sorry for the fire drill.

Views:	71
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1581622

Views:	81
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1581623

Views:	82
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1581621

Comment

Originally posted by datalord@comcast.net View Post
                  ... ok, I actually see now the error I made. I created two different locations with one thermostat each. I redid the configuration in honeywell site for both thermostats in same location, then repeated my steps above, and I see both thermostats now! sorry for the fire drill.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	1581622
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	1581623
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	1581621

It's not an "error" to have 2 locations - totally viable for someone to have one in different buildings or a vacation home, etc. Your new setup matches my own (one home, 2 thermostats) so that's why that worked, I'd just never actually tried multiple locations so needed a nudge to figure that out!

Comment

4.2.0.10 fixed my problem! Thank you!

Comment

FYI, this didn't work this morning with the previous build (I think 4.2.0.7). I saw your post about the new build, so i checked for the new build this evening and it works now. Before, I was only seeing one of three thermostats. With the new 4.2.0.10, I quickly added all three thermostats.

Brand new HT+.

Thanks for your work, shill.

H​

Comment

Glad to hear it - closing this thread now that it's resolved.

Comment

Working...
                        X