This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Location in MyTotalConnectComfort NOT Present

Wondering where I can reset the plugin cache so that after reinstallation, the credentials and data are not automatically regenerated so that I can recapture data from MyTotalConnectComfort (MTCC).

I have had to reinstall HS4, and after doing so, I re-install Honeywell WiFi plugin, but it does not see the 2nd location from MTCC.

Where does this cached data live, and how can I reset it and start fresh?

I don't understand what you mean by "plugin cache" or "the credentials and data are not automatically regenerated".

Perhaps what you're asking is about the configuration file, which is in the HS4\Config directory (HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_THERMOSTAT.ini).

But you can configure the credentials on the Configuration page and update the list of locations on the Thermostat List page, so I don't know how it would help to delete that file, though if you're starting over anyway you certain can without any issues.

If you have other questions, please provide the information requested in the sticky "Having Trouble?" post up above so I can assist.

Comment

So, I've been having issues with HS4. Specifically, it had/has something to do with Z-Wave. I've had to reinstall HS4 several times (upgraded from HS3). Every time I reinstall your plugin, the registration data and locations were already present, meaning I did not have to input them over and over. I have two locations in MyTotalComfortControl (MTCC): 1 with 2 thermostats (GFL), and 1 with 1 thermostat (GLR). At one point, after resetting HS4 settings using the Maintenance utility, the devices did not show the ability to change temperatures on the Device panel and longer. In troubleshooting that, I deleted GFL. Now, after completely reinstalling HS4 from Pi using the Flash image, and installing your plugin fresh, I have two issues:

1) Since I installed HS4 image, instead of HS3, then updating, my license key is not valid for this version. It worked when I upgraded to HS4, but not HS4 fresh,

2) I only see 1 location (GLR), as shown in the screenshots. I have restarted, disabled and re-enabled the plugin, removed and reinstalled the plugin, created a new location in MTCC and moved the thermostats to it, then deleted the old location, to no avail. I still only see GLR, not GFL.

Attached Files

Comment

Ah, you have 2 LOCATIONS. I read that as 2 thermostats, which was what was reported in another thread. I do not have 2 locations, so handling 2 locations is a bit suspect since it's never really been exercised to my knowledge, even less likely in the 4.X version. The log file you provided shows what's in the config file at startup and then I see that same information being sent back to the web page, but no communication with Homeseer to see the actual data they provide. That appears to be because the "Update List" button is apparently not hooked up to anything!

I can see the json that's stored in the config file, and the problem there is that both locations are named "GLR"; 1 has two thermostats and one has 1, and they both have different location IDs... I just don't know how it ended up in that state - is it bad data from TCC? or a bug on my part?

[{"locationID":5763565,"name":"GLR","devices":[{"DeviceID":"7479140","Name":"GFL-DOWN"},{"DeviceID":"7479172","Name":"GFL-UP"}]},{"locationID":5862570,"name":"GLR","devices":[{"DeviceID":"7577071","Name":"GLR Main"}]}]

I'll see what I can do with this and get the update button to work properly and get a new version out shortly, but you might be able to fix it yourself if you're handy with SSH and can edit the ini file while the plugin is stopped to fix the name in the Locations entry.

For your licensing issue, you just need to follow the process discussed here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...54#post1577854

Comment

Just submitted 4.2.0.10 with the fixes for this. I was able to add an empty location in my profile and that helped me troubleshoot it and get it working properly. Should be available on Monday.

Comment

Thank you shill! For your records, it was originally working flawlessly, before the Z-Wave issue started in the latest HS4 update (not able to schedule removal of lock codes). During that troubleshooting, you issued an update. Glad to know you have a fix. I think, for licensing purposes, I'll re-image HS3, install all licensed plugins, then update everything. That should get me back to where I was originally before all these issues began.

If that doesn't work, how would i insure that my HS3 Honeywell WiFi plugin license carries over?

Comment

Originally posted by infoseer View Post
              Thank you shill! For your records, it was originally working flawlessly, before the Z-Wave issue started in the latest HS4 update (not able to schedule removal of lock codes). During that troubleshooting, you issued an update. Glad to know you have a fix. I think, for licensing purposes, I'll re-image HS3, install all licensed plugins, then update everything. That should get me back to where I was originally before all these issues began.

If that doesn't work, how would i insure that my HS3 Honeywell WiFi plugin license carries over?
              Your HS3 license can't carry over. You must go through the process outlined in the link above to use your old license info to generate a 100% off coupon for the HS4 version, "buy" a copy, then register it with the new license.

Comment

Working...
              X