This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Hold feature?

I just noticed I have a second "Hold" feature on my thermostat device. Based on the higher device ref number, I'm guessing this was created when I updated to the 4.2.1.3 version of the plug-in last week?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	88
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1594262

I also noticed the newer feature has a WiFi Thermostat tab that my "older" (original) features do not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	63
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1594263

I have events that use the Hold Type, but the date/times the events have run don't match the last status change date/time on either of the hold features, so I'm not sure which one I should actually be using. I'm assuming I should use the newer one and remove the older one? Any guidance on this?

It's interesting that the older one has both temporary and permanent options, but the newer one doesn't, indicating the thermostat is reporting it doesn't support temporary holds (or at least I'm interpreting the data that way). Is that true of your thermostat?

Another thing you can do is turn on debug logging then use the plugin's "Debug" page to view the internal info I store at the thermostat level telling you which devices are meant for which purpose. If you can grab a screenshot of the PED data, that will tell us which one is currently "connected" to the plugin and you can delete the other one. You could also just delete both and let the plugin recreate any missing devices on the first update but then you'd have to fix your events.

Comment

So according to the PED it looks like the newer device (890) is the one I should be using:

Code:
      PED: {
      "Description": "THERMOSTAT",
      "LocationID": 0,
      "DeviceID": "6923034",
      "DeviceName": "THERMOSTAT",
      "HasSchedule": false,
      "HasHolds": true,
      "HasModeAuto": true,
      "HasModeCool": true,
      "HasModeOff": true,
      "HasModeHeat": true,
      "HasModeEmergHeat": true,
      "SimulatedAuto": false,
      "HasIndoorTemp": true,
      "HasIndoorHumidity": true,
      "HasOutdoorTemp": true,
      "HasOutdoorHumidity": true,
      "HasFan": true,
      "HasFanAuto": true,
      "HasFanCirculate": true,
      "HasFanSchedule": false,
      "ParentRef": 261,
      "StatusRef": 262,
      "TempRef": 269,
      "ModeRef": 264,
      "OperatingModeRef": 266,
      "OperatingStatusRef": 265,
      "FanRef": 267,
      "FanStatusRef": 268,
      "SPRef": 0,
      "CoolSPRef": 274,
      "HeatSPRef": 275,
      "InHumidityRef": 270,
      "OutTempRef": 271,
      "OutHumidityRef": 272,
      "HoldRef": 890,
      "EmergHeatRef": 0,
      "SystemHeatMin": 40,
      "SystemHeatMax": 90,
      "SystemCoolMin": 50,
      "SystemCoolMax": 99,
      "UserHeatMin": 40,
      "UserHeatMax": 90,
      "UserCoolMin": 50,
      "UserCoolMax": 99,
      "HeatMin": 40,
      "HeatMax": 90,
      "CoolMin": 50,
      "CoolMax": 99,
      "SystemMode": 2,
      "Ready": false,
      "LastUpdated": "2023-02-15T16:52:29.498486-05:00"
      }​
      Not sure why the feature would have changed to not have a temporary hold but I typically use "permanent" anyway since I'm setting the setpoints from HS and mark it as such. I don't think the thermostat itself has a temporary option (it's a TH8321WF1001 VisionPRO 8000).

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
        Not sure why the feature would have changed to not have a temporary hold but I typically use "permanent" anyway since I'm setting the setpoints from HS and mark it as such. I don't think the thermostat itself has a temporary option (it's a TH8321WF1001 VisionPRO 8000).
        I fixed a defect in the interpretation of that capability in a recent release so it makes sense to me that it's correct now but wasn't originally.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I'll make sure all my events are using the newer device ref and then delete the original to avoid confusion.

Comment

Marking as resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X