Error when updating Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when updating Plugin

Bought the plugin. Installed a few days ago and running. No devices ever created. Home Seer Plugin Manager showed a newer version. Selected to update. Now it won't run. Get this error. Any suggestions.???

Got a device hooked up to ac unit and would like to try it out. Now the plugin won't work.!!

Aloha!

Let's see if we can figure this out. First, did you join the adapter to your WiFi network? Normally the devices start up broadcasting their own WiFi SSID in the form DEV_xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the last 3 bytes of the device's MAC address. You have to connect to that in a web browser and configure the device to join the network your HomeSeer is on (presumably what your Wi-Fi router is managing). Once it joins your network, you should see it on your network as a new device with an IP address, ... Have you gotten to that stage? If not, the plugin has no way to connect to the unit yet and would do things like you're describing.

Let me know if you've gotten to it being connected to your Wi-Fi and we can go from there. Feel free to PM me to debug it if you prefer.

-HAH

Comment

Yes I did join the adapter to the WIFI network. I can reach the adapter using the Intesis configuration tool with no problem.

Comment

Great, that's a good first step. If you use the Refresh option in the tool, does it consistently pick up the device (waiting about 10 seconds between)? Or does it sometimes find it and sometimes not? We've seen the Intesis adapters miss the broadcast discovery messages if they are at the edge of range of the Wi-Fi. They might ping fine and once connected to the plugin will work great but sometimes the discovery broadcast doesn't reach them. The plugin is looking for those responses to discover and add AC units. Naturally if it doesn't get responses it won't find the device.

If your AC adapter is pretty consistently found by the tool's discovery, do you have the Intesis config tool still running when you try the plugin? If the config tool is on, it will block the management port on the device from connecting to the plugin. If you're sure that is turned off, please turn on Debug Logging in the plugin Settings page and restart the plugin. If the plugin won't let you change the Debug Logging setting, you can go into the HS4 config folder and edit IntesisWMP.ini. The setting is at the top of the file and should be set to the following to turn on Debug Logging:

DebugLogging=True

Please don't change or delete anything else in the INI file.

Once changed, restart the plugin and send me the Log output in a PM when you have a chance.

Thanks!

-HAH

Comment

config tool always works and I can control unit from it. With it off the plugin will still not start. This is the HS log

12/18/2021 6:35:04 PM

HomeSeer
          Plug-In
          Finished initializing plug-in IntesisWMP

HomeSeer
          Starting Plug-In
          IntesisWMP loaded in 6153 milliseconds

HomeSeer
          Error
          Initializing plug-in(1): IntesisWMP Instance:isconnected before response received. Time to load: 5802 milliseconds

HomeSeer
          Info
          Plugin IntesisWMP with ID: IntesisWMP and Instance: has disconnected

12/18/2021 6:34:58 PM

HomeSeer
          Starting Plug-In
          Initializing plugin IntesisWMP ...

12/18/2021 6:34:58 PM

HomeSeer
          Info
          Plugin IntesisWMP with instance IntesisWMP has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:57612

Comment

OK, I PM'ed you a new build to try earlier. Did you get that?

Also, if there is a IntesisWMP.ini and IntesisWMP.ini.bak in the HS4 Config folder, pls delete those before starting the new drop as there may be something in those that is interfering. You may also have some devices in HS4 hanging around under IntesisWMP floor/room that you can delete before trying the new build. The new drop should be better at handling the case of no units being discovered. There was a case where no units found could still create the aggregate counter objects.

-HAH

Comment

followed you instructions. Downloaded new IntesisWMP.exe Replaced. Delete IntesisWMP.INI and IntesisWMP.INI.bak Plugin still won't start. Slightly different error message. Any other ideas?? I'd really like this to work so I can buy more Intesis devices. Getting the minisplits under Homeseer control is an important piece of my home automation.

Comment

Moving to PM

Comment

Previously created objects were causing the plugin to fail. Bug that caused it in the first place also fixed in v4.0.0.8 which will be released shortly.

Mahalo belle for helping identify this issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X