Device Control - Target Low/High Temp Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Control - Target Low/High Temp Default

Both Low and High Target Temp Controls default to 50 degrees in the dropdown. Would be better presented as the nearest current target (rounded to nearest), so as to prevent mistaken clicks (and making large adjustments) and to default you to the ballpark of where you would be setting.

Edit: the dropdown resets to 50.0 after every selection. If the dropdown can't exhibit the behavior I mentioned, maybe a slider by default could be better.

I agree the dropdown should be set to the nearest current target value. This is a more general HS4 issue though, I will log an internal feature request for this.

FYI, what happens under the hood is that all temperature values are converted back and forth from Fahrenheit to Celsius because the API only use Celsius. This results in some small rounding errors, so that when you change the target temp to 65F it is actually set to 64.99F, as this value doesn't exist in the dropdown, it is set to the first one (50.0F)

Comment

Yep, I saw that in the SDM info. I think closest is always fine - probably a lot of work for you, but for those using F, maybe the list can display those post-conversion values so users won't have something to complain about. For me, I just want 75, 74, etc, and not too concerned with the decimal!

Comment

Please install and test version 4.0.0.8, it should fix the rounding issues. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X