Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converted to HS4 Plug-In and thermostats don't seem to communicate - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted to HS4 Plug-In and thermostats don't seem to communicate - Solved!

I have been using the HS3 plug-in for several years. I recently converted to the HS4 plug-in and converted my Nest account to a Google account but my thermostats in Homeseer don't seem to communicate with Google Nest. Here are some details:
    • HS v4.2.16.0
    • Google Nest v4.0.1.0
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • My new Google Nest account authorizes successfully on the plug-in authorization page.
    • My new Google Nest account works and allows me to communicate to the thermostats in the Nest app on my iPhone as well as via the Google Home app and via Alexa.
    • When I installed the new Google Nest plug-in, my existing thermostats seemed to remain in HS. No new thermostats were created. Is this how it's supposed to work?
    • I can log into my HS system using MyHS.credentials used during authorization.
    • Tried turning off Windows firewall as a test but this didn't make any difference.
    What should I try next? Thanks.

I looked at the debug logs and saw that the correct data was coming in from Google Nest. So I deleted my thermostat devices in HS (I have 3 of them) and then recreated them again by re-authorizing the Google Nest plugin and the new thermostats that it created work. Then I just had to reconnect a bunch of events that were referencing the thermostats.

Comment

Working...
    X