Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Up Error - CRITICAL: Error on InitIO: Exception while exe

Hello,

I have installed the plugin and it fails to initiate on startup with the error CRITICAL: Error on InitIO: Exception while exe.

The error relates to the GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef and A status graphic with that value set already exists. in every in order to confirm the impact, I have identified the device and feature that this relates to and deleted them (I have full back up to enable the restore point).

WRT this issue the feature identified were initially Sensors and the Feature was Luminance. This is native z-wave feature and the I could not establish the duplicate feature. I deleted the sensors and on restart, this failed once again and identified another device type, an Alarm, and it became apparent that the devices were legacy HS3 devices that were ported to HS4 or were created by a legacy HS3 plug in.

I deleted the devices as stated above and in the case of the Alarm, I recreated the device and restart SIMMAP without error. Ironically the last sensor I deleted that was reporting was only create under the new z-wave plugin.

5/04/2021 20:41:12
    HomeSeer
    Error
    Initializing plug-in(1): Simmap Instance::Error on InitIO: Exception while executing GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 2157 - message : Error while converting 2159 to HsFeature : A status graphic with that value set already exists Time to load: 2290 milliseconds

Attached Files

Hi, I vaguely remember getting this error myself. Thanks for the very thorough dumps and the work troubleshooting, as I can't recall how I fixed this myself.

The code erroring out in the plugin is actually HomeSeer API code, and as such this is actually a bug in the HS4 system/SDK. Since this is the case, I'll try to get in touch with the HS devs to address this.

Sadly, I have not found a way to circumvent this issue (the offending code gives me a list of all your features, so I can show them to you in a dropdown menu) by using a non-broken part of the SDK, so until this is fixed, I suppose the only workaround is to delete and recreate the offending devices until the error goes away.

Am I correct to assume you got it to work after this hiccup, or did this render the plugin unusable for you?

Comment

Hi,

Yes, once the offending devices and/or errors were removed the plugin would run. I stopped at that point.

I knew the error was specifically an API and in the case of the Alarm an others it was correct in identifying that the device had overlapping values.

In the case of the z-wave sensor it isn’t and the features attributes ranges are created by HST’s latest Z-wave plugin.

I saw that you have already raised the defect as [HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK] GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef fails on some HS3 devices ported to HS4 (#198) and I was planning to do that this morning.

The error handling of the GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef is now the problem and should exclude non-complaints features and generate an exception report rather than stopping/failing. This error was previously reported and was supposedly fixed on a recent release.

Comment

I've updated and uploaded a new version of the binary that should ignore any of these invalid devices and log an angry error. I don't know how quickly these updates propagate through the HS release system but I suppose it will hit eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by Svamp View Post
          I've updated and uploaded a new version of the binary that should ignore any of these invalid devices and log an angry error. I don't know how quickly these updates propagate through the HS release system but I suppose it will hit eventually?
          Angry error lol... They can be extremely quick and other times, not so. I used the error as a baseline to clean non-compliant configured devices.

Comment

Working...
          X