Setup for dummies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup for dummies?

Missing something somewhere in testing this out (4.0.16.0). I have 3 motion sensors in the room I’m testing, all added to blradar. Added a new virtual device to be the active zone. Active zone shows all motion devices in the selection box area. Added a new event category BLradar with 2 events, on and off, to be triggered, presumably, when the zone notices motion. Nothing happening. I watched the YouTube from the HS3 forum, but all I gained was a description of functions, and I can’t figure it out 🤷‍♂️. The functionality of the plug-in seems straightforward and exactly what I want for a few events so I’d love to sort this out.

In options - Logging - Enable Homeseer logging - can you switch on Homeseer logging? That way you should see the devices trigger motion, the active zone go occupied etc? Is all that happening but event isn't firing?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I do have the logging enabled in BLRadar options and it says there are no activity logs to report.

In the "Motion, Dusk/Dawn Sensors and Active Zones" section of the active zone, should all boxes be selected? The three sensors boxes as well as the active zone box? I am trying to checkmark them, like in the "Active Zone" section of the motions sensors, but it doesn't save.

Edit to add: getting a bunch of errors in HS4 log since enabling BLRadar about
      Error while getting feature 57 : A status graphic with that value set already exists

I recall having this issue with another plugin maybe with devices that were created in earlier version of HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by wlh2 View Post
        I do have the logging enabled in BLRadar options and it says there are no activity logs to report.
        Activity report has to do with security....When you enable Homeseer logging you should see motion/active zone changes in the Homeseer log.....

In the "Motion, Dusk/Dawn Sensors and Active Zones" section of the active zone, should all boxes be selected? The three sensors boxes as well as the active zone box? I am trying to checkmark them, like in the "Active Zone" section of the motions sensors, but it doesn't save.
        For any active zone you will just select the motion sensors that affect that zone. Any one of those motion sensors firing will keep the active zone occupied. Did you hit save button a bottom of page?

Edit to add: getting a bunch of errors in HS4 log since enabling BLRadar about
        Error while getting feature 57 : A status graphic with that value set already exists
        Select all rooms/floors visible do a search for ref 57....Look at status graphic, if you have overlapping ranges you will need to fix them. Yes its a known bug/feature HS4 is a little more pedantic about this today than it or HS3 were previously.

I recall having this issue with another plugin maybe with devices that were created in earlier version of HS4?

Comment

Yea, I'm not seeing anything in HS log at all. All the sensors are selected in the active zone. The boxes were not showing the saved checkmarks because I was using Edge browser. Looks just fine in Chrome when remote connected to hometroller. I'm going to watch the video again and try to see what obvious thing I'm perhaps neglecting...

Thanks for the replies. I'll report back after I review this video again

Comment

So what motion sensors have you? how are they being activated?

If they are being activated what is the on/off value.....Does that value match what BLRadar is set for?

Comment

The sensors in question are an HSM100, HSM200, and an aeotec multi. Going to check the values now... thanks for that suggestion.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X