Movement setup and usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movement setup and usage?

Been a long time HS3 and now HS4 user, as well as using BLRadar.

I've been using motion and active zone sensors for a long time. I decided to experiment with Movement. But I'm not seeing how to set it up. When I create a new Movement device/setting, I can assign/set the From and To devices, but that's it. I don't see a way to do anything with it, or even assign any other settings (such as an associated virtual device). I'm wondering if the HS4 UI is fully set up here.

Also, more of a feature request, I'm wondering how I can best use them. What I'd like to do is change how BLRadar behaves once movement is seen. My hope is that I could have a movement event temporarily adjust/reduce the Off Wait Time for an Active Zone. For example, assume I have a motion sensor in an upstairs hall, and one in a downstairs hall (picture a sensor at the top of stairs and bottom of stairs for this purpose). If movement is seen from the upstairs sensor to the downstairs sensor, then the movement event could temporarily adjust the Off Wait Time for the upstairs Active Zone (either set it to some desired value, or divide by 2 or ...). Note also that it would be nice to be able to adjust more than just one zone in this way, for the same movement event. The idea being that the upstairs active zone is likely no longer occupied, and could trigger an active zone off sooner. Later, if motion is seen to trigger an active zone on for the upstairs zone, then its Off Wait Time would reset to its original/configured value.

Thanks and regards.
Working...
X