ControlsPlus 1.2.0 - added DelayControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ControlsPlus 1.2.0 - added DelayControl

New version of the plugin with a new DelayControl device that will follow an underlying sensor but with a delay to the off or on transitions, without needing to use any events or timers.

I use this to create virtual devices for my door sensors which have a few minutes delay on the OFF transition, then they is used to trigger outside lights by the door (in addition to movement sensors and light sensors, through MultiSensor devices).

I could have put the delay into the door sensor (physical) device, but then I wouldn't know if the door was really open or just in the delay stage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	108
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1611436

With my events, I use virtual devices like your Delay Control, in two ways...
    1) enable/disable things like notifications, delayed triggers, etc.
    2) adjustable timing. For example, during some house modes I want a delay to be shorter. For Saty mode it might be 30 seconds vs Disarm might be 3 minutes.

If you also add a properties like this would make it very versatile.

Been following your plugin, great start. I can't use it yet but hoping as you expand functionality I might be able to streamline and reduce my events.

Comment

Interesting point about variable delay, I could add a plugin function that allows you to set them, or maybe an event action but that’s a bit more difficult. You’d still need events but all the config changes would be in just the Safe and Armed events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        With my events, I use virtual devices like your Delay Control, in two ways...
        1) enable/disable things like notifications, delayed triggers, etc.
        2) adjustable timing. For example, during some house modes I want a delay to be shorter. For Saty mode it might be 30 seconds vs Disarm might be 3 minutes.

If you also add a properties like this would make it very versatile.

Been following your plugin, great start. I can't use it yet but hoping as you expand functionality I might be able to streamline and reduce my events.
        In AKSmartDevice I have "Linked State" device, depending on its state (i.e. scene) you can have different delays for controlled devices:

Views:	71
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	1613044

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

In AKSmartDevice I have "Linked State" device, depending on its state (i.e. scene) you can have different delays for controlled devices:

Views:	71
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	1613044
          I see the use for that for pure 'delay' (I'm leaving he house and don't want to set the alarm for an additional 30 seconds) but for more complex situations (what I do) is do a check of all associated devices (doors, windows, locks, etc) before setting the Alarm. If any of them are detected open it waits 10 seconds, the runs another check... if anything is still opens, I get a Pushover message with a list of open devices, and gives me an option to Bypass them.. then reset the alarm.

To do this "right" we need loops ... I fake it with a few events but it works pretty well with some tweaking to avoid race conditions.

Comment

Ltek I've released a beta version of ControlsPlus which adds event actions that allow you to set the delays when another device changes state, also corresponding plugin functions in case you are scripting.

Depending on what you're wanting to do, AKs SmartDevice may be better, I'd be interested to get your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

I see the use for that for pure 'delay' (I'm leaving he house and don't want to set the alarm for an additional 30 seconds) but for more complex situations (what I do) is do a check of all associated devices (doors, windows, locks, etc) before setting the Alarm. If any of them are detected open it waits 10 seconds, the runs another check... if anything is still opens, I get a Pushover message with a list of open devices, and gives me an option to Bypass them.. then reset the alarm.

To do this "right" we need loops ... I fake it with a few events but it works pretty well with some tweaking to avoid race conditions.
              For this you can use the second part of AKSmartDevice - Trigger groups, so when all group conditions are satisfied - some virtual device state will change. And there's "Group delay" as well.

Views:	51
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	1613357

pseudocode - sorry for hijacking your forum

Comment

Working...
              X