Multi-Switch Use Case - Turning Off Only Switches that are On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Switch Use Case - Turning Off Only Switches that are On

Hey pseudocode, love the concept for this plugin! One question - when you hit "all off", is it sending an "off" command to all switches in the group or just the ones that are on currently? I have a lot of z-wave switches in my home and I'm looking for the ability to "turn off anything that has been turned on" at night after I go back to bed. The problem I'm having now is that the only way to accomplish this (that I know of), is have a massive event that fires when I go back to bed an off command to all ~50-60 of my light switches. Firing that many commands all at once takes a moment and sometimes it doesn't finish for a while and therefore there's a delay in the next thing I want it to do. If there was a way to configure your multi-switch to only fire an "off" to the switches that happen to be on at the time... that would be perfect.

DebrodeD at the moment it sends the control to all switches, my thinking was that status updates aren't always received by HomeSeer and to avoid timing issues, so the controls is "I don't care what state HomeSeer thinks it is, turn it on/off".

But it's a good idea and pretty easy to have the option in the device config to change this behaviour, I'll take a look.

Comment

Thanks pseudocode! That would be amazing! Maybe it could be a setting in the plugin "send commands to all switches / send commands to relevant switches", or maybe just two different sets of buttons at the device level "all on / all off" & "offs to on / ons to off" (I'm sure there's a better way to say that, haha).

Comment

DebrodeD I just published an updated beta v1.3.1.0 which has the option to control whether commands are always sent (the default) or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	67
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1614983‚Äč
        I also removed the previous limit of ten switches, so there is now no limit. The most I have on one MultiSwitch is seven, which works absolutely fine with no obvious delays, but I don't even have 50+ Z-Wave switches to be able to test the numbers you have!

Comment

Thanks! Just took a look and this looks great! I'll try it out and let you know how it handles the number of switches. I'll probably break all the switches up into 3 different multi-switches based on floor to make things less straining on the plugin.

Comment

Working...
          X