MultiSensor Use Case - Using DelayControl sensors with reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiSensor Use Case - Using DelayControl sensors with reset

Here is my use case. In a room, I have a couple of motion sensors. These sensors transition from motion to no motion in 1 minute. Each motion sensor is wrapped in a DelayControl. All of the DelayControls have a delay of 5 minutes before changing to no motion. These DelayControls are added as sensors to my room MultiSensor device. This device controls two table lamp switches in the room. When I walk into the room, the motion sensors activate and the table lamps come on. When I leave the room, the lights stay on for 5 minutes and then go off. So far this setup behaves as expected and all is good.

When I go into the room (lamps come on), then I walk out 30 seconds later. The lights continue to stay on because of the DelayControl delay. I then use the MultiSensor off button to turn off the lamps. This is good and expected. However, within 2 minutes of walking out, I walk back into the room. The lamps do not turn on. I assume this happens because the sensor DelayControl delay timer is still running within the set 5-minute delay period.

It would be helpful if the MultiSensor would automatically send a DelayControlClear command to each DelayControl when the MultiSensor off button is pressed. Optionally, to give users some flexibility, display a checkbox next to each DelayControl added to the MultiSensor device. If the checkbox is checked (default), a delay reset command is sent to that DelayControl when the off button is pressed. The checkbox lets the user decide on the reset. (Personally, I would be happy without the checkbox as long as a reset command is sent.)

Thanks.
Working...
X