Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer than released? - Fixed

Great plugin! Another item in the it-should-be-included-in-HS category

I have several plugins reporting "Newer than released" even through they're on the normal channel and on the current version.

A few examples to help you:
    • SmartThings
    • Tuya
    • MyQ
    The only thing I can think of is that the HS data doesn't show the revision number for these (4.0.38 vs. 4.0.38.0), but that's just a blind guess.

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Great plugin! Another item in the it-should-be-included-in-HS category
    Thanks. I agree! I did find a post by Rich somewhere saying that would be easy to implement or something. But it was a few years old, as I remember.

I have several plugins reporting "Newer than released" even through they're on the normal channel and on the current version.

A few examples to help you:
    • SmartThings
    • Tuya
    • MyQ
    The only thing I can think of is that the HS data doesn't show the revision number for these (4.0.38 vs. 4.0.38.0), but that's just a blind guess.
    Interesting. These are all plugins by HST and they don't seem to be following their version numbering. The funny thing is the updater shows these versions as x.x.x, but once installed the Manage Plugins page makes it x.x.x.0

My plugin is assuming x.x.x.x (3 dots, 4 numbers). I thought I made it so that if comparison is not possible it would get status N/A.
    So I will look into it. Should be an easy fix, I'll just add the 0 to compare. But I think that won't be until end of next week. Have to work on the house to keep the WAF, well.. acceptable.
    Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
    Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernold View Post
      My plugin is assuming x.x.x.x (3 dots, 4 numbers). I thought I made it so that if comparison is not possible it would get status N/A.
      So I will look into it. Should be an easy fix, I'll just add the 0 to compare.
      I use a lot of versioning logic in my plugins and have a dedicated Version class that handles conversion from strings and mathematical comparison. I suggest using something like that (happy to share if you're interested) or at least assume a ".0" if revision is missing.

Comment

I'm just using the Version.CompareTo method, which should work fine if version numbering would be respected..
        But I'll let you know if your class comes in handy after all.
        Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
        Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

I managed to squeeze in a quick fix. Beta 1.0.1.1 now internally adds .0, like the Manage Plugins page, before the comparison.

Browsing the Updater data I noticed that there are more plugins which are missing the revision value in their version. They are mostly released by HST and a 2-3 others.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernold View Post

But I think that won't be until end of next week. Have to work on the house to keep the WAF, well.. acceptable.
            Looks like I don't have enough time for further updates this week after all, so I'm glad I created the beta. Did start working on next version, which should be usable without having features created (event triggers and summaries). Hoping to continue early next week.

Comment

Working...
            X