Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup questions don't show any available options [Linux]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by avpman View Post

    Same issue - no options available in setup with 1.0.4.9

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	1628929

    Thanks for testing.

    I have attached a settings file with all settings off. Just to test if you get to see anything. It should not create a device or features.

    Can you try it as follows?
    - Download the file and rename it to UpdatesPlugin.ini (The uploader wouldn't let me attach .ini files)
    - Stop the Updates Plugin
    - Copy the file to the Config folder in your HomeSeer folder
    - Start the plugin
    - Try the settings page.
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Bernold View Post


      Thanks for testing.

      I have attached a settings file with all settings off. Just to test if you get to see anything. It should not create a device or features.

      Can you try it as follows?
      - Download the file and rename it to UpdatesPlugin.ini (The uploader wouldn't let me attach .ini files)
      - Stop the Updates Plugin
      - Copy the file to the Config folder in your HomeSeer folder
      - Start the plugin
      - Try the settings page.
      That did it! However, all plugin devices are showing the "Install latest release" button even if there is no update. Is that as designed?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	56
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1628945

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by avpman View Post

        That did it! However, all plugin devices are showing the "Install latest release" button even if there is no update. Is that as designed?

        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	56
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1628945
        Great!

        I guess that means that it has something to do with the way you're running HS as a service. The function I'm using - SaveInisetting() - probably does not have the permission to create a new file. There's nothing I can change in the code, but as a workaround I can copy a blank settings file at install if it doesn't exist yet. I will do that for all my plugins. You may run into similair problems with other plugins too. The solution then is to figure out what the exact name of the settings file should be (ask the developer) and then create just an empty file with that name in the Config folder. HS should be able to pick it up from there.

        Yes, it's by design that that button is always there, because it will also let you reinstall a plugin if something is broken. Just yesterday, when I was working on 1.0.5.0, I was thinking it would probably be better if it said "(RE)INSTALL LATEST RELEASE". You just proved that point, so I'll add that to next release.

        Thanks for your patience.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Bernold View Post

          Great!

          I guess that means that it has something to do with the way you're running HS as a service. The function I'm using - SaveInisetting() - probably does not have the permission to create a new file. There's nothing I can change in the code, but as a workaround I can copy a blank settings file at install if it doesn't exist yet. I will do that for all my plugins. You may run into similair problems with other plugins too. The solution then is to figure out what the exact name of the settings file should be (ask the developer) and then create just an empty file with that name in the Config folder. HS should be able to pick it up from there.

          Yes, it's by design that that button is always there, because it will also let you reinstall a plugin if something is broken. Just yesterday, when I was working on 1.0.5.0, I was thinking it would probably be better if it said "(RE)INSTALL LATEST RELEASE". You just proved that point, so I'll add that to next release.

          Thanks for your patience.
          "You may run into similar problems with other plugins too."
          I have other plugins that write to a .ini file without issue. Although, I don't know if they provided an empty file to begin with. I'm going to ask another developer that I know and I'll post back here for you.
          Thanks again!

          Comment


            #20
            That would be great. Or if you could name one or two I could also check (preferably HS4 plugins).

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Bernold View Post
              That would be great. Or if you could name one or two I could also check (preferably HS4 plugins).
              The Screenlogic plugin for Pentair pool control.

              Comment


                #22
                Thanks. It does not seem to be in the install script. Will investigate further.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Did some more testing and managed to recreate the issue again on Docker Desktop with version 1.0.3.0 and no event triggers set up, with and without the ini file workaround. Crashed calling the trigger anyway, which HS does at startup. I know I have that fixed and can't recreate it with the next version I'm working on (future version 1.0.6.0). So I'm calling this fixed and won't implement that workaround after all (My guess is that was a matter of timing). Of course I'll keep it in mind and I'll test again using the image before releasing.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X