Log choking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log choking

When MYHS is down, like today, the plugin chokes the log with similar messages below. Can't have this. Filling the log chokes HS and slows the system sometimes to the point that it can't operate. If you need to bang on MyHS or the store, please spread out the retries MUCH further apart. Also, the EnvisaLink plugin is NOT installed any longer. Not sure why the Updates Plugin is still trying to get version info.
    Thanks!

9/16/2023 7:32:30 AM
    HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6298) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL references a parent, but the parent does not exist

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Issue checking child device (6298) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6297) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL references a parent, but the parent does not exist

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Issue checking child device (6297) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6296) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL references a parent, but the parent does not exist

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Issue checking child device (6296) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6295) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL references a parent, but the parent does not exist

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Issue checking child device (6295) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6294) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL references a parent, but the parent does not exist

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Issue checking child device (6294) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6293) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL references a parent, but the parent does not exist

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Issue checking child device (6293) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

HomeSeer
    Warning
    Device (6292) Plugin UpdatesPlugin Plugin EnvisaLink DSC Installed Version Download URL

‚Äč

Until the myhs issue is resolved, why not just disable the plugin?
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      Until the myhs issue is resolved, why not just disable the plugin?
      I did. But it happened overnight and the chocked log locked up my system. Why not just fix the banging on the HS server every second so it won't happen again in the future?

Comment

These Log entries seem to come from HS4, not from the plugin. It looks like the (parent) device is missing. Did it get deleted? When it's created it's named "Updates Plugin" and its address is "Updates|device". Any issues with other plugins? In that case your device database might be corrupted and you may want to restore them from a backup.

Basically what the plugin does is at every polling interval:

- Download the HS4 Windows update file
        - Download the HS4 Linux update file
        - Download the HS4 Plugins Updater file
        - Download the Legacy Plugins Updater file
        - Check which HSPI_*.exe files are in your HS4 root folder and get their version info. So if EnvisaLink plugin has been removed, its .exe should be gone and the plugin will not process it any longer and the feature will not be updated any longer.

There is no retrying on any of the downloads (yet - I may implement that with limited configurable number of retries and timeout). They will each just timeout after 100 seconds. Then next retry is at next polling interval, which has a minimum of 1 hour in the plugin's settings page.

Comment

No, it looks like the Updates Plugin is trying to check the version of the plugins. Since HS server is down this morning it can't get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernold View Post
            These Log entries seem to come from HS4, not from the plugin. It looks like the (parent) device is missing. Did it get deleted? When it's created it's named "Updates Plugin" and its address is "Updates|device". Any issues with other plugins? In that case your device database might be corrupted and you may want to restore them from a backup.

Basically what the plugin does is at every polling interval:

- Download the HS4 Windows update file
            - Download the HS4 Linux update file
            - Download the HS4 Plugins Updater file
            - Download the Legacy Plugins Updater file
            - Check which HSPI_*.exe files are in your HS4 root folder and get their version info. So if EnvisaLink plugin has been removed, its .exe should be gone and the plugin will not process it any longer and the feature will not be updated any longer.

There is no retrying on any of the downloads (yet - I may implement that with limited configurable number of retries and timeout). They will each just timeout after 100 seconds. Then next retry is at next polling interval, which has a minimum of 1 hour in the plugin's settings page.
            The Envisilink PI was removed days ago. Does your plugin take into account what happens if a monitored plugin is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
              No, it looks like the Updates Plugin is trying to check the version of the plugins. Since HS server is down this morning it can't get to it.
              So is the device still present then?

I have no problem here. Not using MyHS though.
              The 4 downloads are all coming in without any issue. Of course I don't know if they have different servers for EU and US, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

The Envisilink PI was removed days ago. Does your plugin take into account what happens if a monitored plugin is removed?
                It will clean up abandonned features at startup.

Can you give more context about when you're getting these Log messages? In your topic start I see only 1 time.
                When do you get the next warning (how mucn time in between)?
                And when do they start? At plugin start? At HS4 start?

Comment

Originally posted by Bernold View Post

It will clean up abandonned features at startup.

Can you give more context about when you're getting these Log messages? In your topic start I see only 1 time.
                  When do you get the next warning (how mucn time in between)?
                  And when do they start? At plugin start? At HS4 start?
                  It is because the MyHS servers are down today. Your plugin can't reach HS to check the versions of the plugins. That's why you're throwing the errors. Hope this helps.

Comment

My plugin is not throwing these errors. It's some sort of device integrity check by HS4, but I don't know when or how often it does that. Please check if the root device is still there,

Comment

Working...
                    X