This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky: Introducing Z-Wave Parameters Plugin

A plugin to view & update Z-Wave device parameters. The parameter information is fetched from open z-wave database. It uses Z-Wave Core plugin to get and set configuration of device. Please ensure it is installed and enabled.

Features
    • The plugin creates an extra page for the Z-Wave devices with the ability to view & update device parameters.
    • The page contains a link to the Open Z-Wave database site for the device. You can view description, inclusion\exclusion information & manual on that site.
    • The page shows Z-Wave parameters for the device. The listening device's parameter values are loaded on page load. There is the ability to refresh all or an individual parameter.
    • Ability to update Z-Wave parameter for the device.
    • Offline database is bundled with the plugin so that it does not need an internet connection for operation.
    • Online Z-Wave database can be used directly by changing the plugin settings.

Device Page

Click image for larger version

Name:	Page.png
Views:	940
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1516008‚Äč

Settings Page

Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.png
Views:	808
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1516009

Source code on github.

This is very exciting... I've been thinking of developing a plugin just like this. One of the problems of using the online databases for parameter references is that they are often incomplete or incorrect (I've looked at all of them, including the Z-wave Alliance). Is there some way for the user to maintain their own local parameter definitions? And for other Homeseer users to contribute their own "templates" back to the plugin?

Comment

The open z-wave database seems pretty accurate (except for bit-mask parameters). They have process to update/fix broken parameters for devices. So contributing to the that database will eventually flow to this plugin.

The plugin also bundles that database as json files and use that by default. It located as in folder Data\ZWaveParameters\db. You can also update these json offline files directly.

Also you can switch to using online database through setting page. This is useful in case the offline database is older.

Comment

After installing the plugin, I go to the parameter page and receive the following error. This occurs on multiple devices.

Failed to get data from Open Z-Wave Database The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. Authentication failed, see inner exception. Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED at /build/mono-6.12.0.122/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132

Comment

additional info for above.
          Running the HS4 PI with the latest update. It is running on a Rapberry Pi4, and I installed the latest updates. The only other plug in I have is RaspberryIO

Comment

Turning off the online database got rid of the error.

Comment

Is this just for HS4 or is there an HS3 version that can be distributed?

Comment

TheKeeper45,

SSL Error 1000007d is an installation issue See here.

Comment

George,

This is HS4 only.

Comment

This is too cool! Fast, easy to understand and use. Thank you!

Comment

I get this on every parameter:

The input does not contain any JSON tokens. Expected the input to start with a valid JSON token, when isFinalBlock is true. LineNumber: 0 | BytePositionInLine: 0.

Comment

rge, It appears that offline json files are somehow corrupt on your machine

Few things to try:

1. Check if you have json files under <homeseer dir>\Data\ZWaveParameters\db and they are not 0 bytes ?
                        2. Do you see same problem if you try on "Prefer online database" in setting of plugin ?
                        3. If none of these work, can you turn on log to file in setting of page, restart plugin , reproduce the error and give logs from <homeseer dir>\Logs\ZWaveParameters ?

Comment

Part of the may be the case sensitivity in your installation file - I'm running on Linux, the standard data folder has a capital D at the start.

Also I noticed some of the "DELALL" commands start with \data which is probably wrong and should be .\data (or .\Data)

I tried reinstalling and it was even worse (files not found), having created a data folder without the capital that stopped. JSON files do have content.

It still gives the same JSON error, it's obviously now finding the files since without the folder it complains more explicitly about the path not being found - here's the log:
                          Error Failed to process PostBackProc for Update with "" with "The input does not contain any JSON tokens. Expected the input to start with a valid JSON token, when isFinalBlock is true. LineNumber: 0 | BytePositionInLine: 0."
                          Debug Returning page for 91
                          Info Found "114.json" for manufactureId:271 productType:1026 productId:4098 firmware:"2.2"
                          Debug Found Specific Entry { VersionMin: Version { Major: 0, Minor: 0, Build: -1, Revision: -1, MajorRevision: -1, MinorRevision: -1 }, VersionMax: Version { Major: 255, Minor: 255, Build: -1, Revision: -1, MajorRevision: -1, MinorRevision: -1 }, FilePath: "/home/homeseer/data/ZWaveParameters/db/114.json", Id: 114 } for manufactureId:271 productType:1026 productId:4098 firmware:"2.2"
                          Debug ZwaveData for deviceRef:91 is ZWaveData { ManufactureId: 271, ProductId: 4098, ProductType: 1026, NodeId: 6, HomeId: "EFF1938C", Firmware: Version { Major: 2, Minor: 2, Build: -1, Revision: -1, MajorRevision: -1, MinorRevision: -1 }, Listening: True }
                          Debug PED Data for deviceRef:91 is manufacturerId:271 productId:4098 productType:1026 firmware:"2.2"
                          Debug Creating Page for deviceRef:91
                          Debug Asking for page for 91

The online database doesn't work at all:

Failed to get data from Open Z-Wave Database
                          The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
                          Authentication failed, see inner exception.
                          Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED
                          at /build/mono-6.12.0.122/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132

Comment

rge

I am using data instead of Data everywhere which is wrong. I somehow thought data is standard. I will fix that. I doubt that this is causing the problem.

The plugin page does ajax post to plugin to get each parameter value. It sends a json string. It is somehow empty string in your case. What web browser are you using ?

SSL Error 1000007d is an installation issue See here. Switching to online won't fix your issue.

Comment

I can not find where settings page is, I only get config and can not figure out how to link to Z-wave Database.

Any Suggestions

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X