Failed to get data from Offline Open Z-Wave Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to get data from Offline Open Z-Wave Database

I am running HS4 ZEE S2/PI Edition 4.2.7.0 (Linux) and have not been able to get this to work. When I try to access the Z-Wave Parameters for a Z-Wave device, I get this error:
    Failed to get data from Offline Open Z-Wave Database. I see the list of .json files in my /usr/local/HomeSeer/data/ZWaveParameters/db directory. Do I need to point the plug-in to this directory somehow?

david.i.tanzer@gmail.com , You don't need to point plugin to this directory. It should be picking the files from it directly. Can you turn on debug logging from plugin settings page and check the homeseer logs ? There should be more information in the logs.

Comment

deepakkhajuria, I turned on logging and got a ton of the type of errors shown in the attachment. Thanks for your help in resolving this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 2.03.58 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	1524730Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 2.03.58 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	1524731
      Attached Files

Comment

Plugin is failing to load a assembly. What version of mono is installed on machine (Run mono --version) ?

Comment

deepakkhajuria, here you go. I have a HS4 ZEE S2/PI Edition 4.2.7.0.

Mono JIT compiler version 5.18.1.0 (tarball Fri Mar 15 21:12:47 UTC 2019)

Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

TLS: __thread

SIGSEGV: normal

Notifications: epoll

Architecture: armel,vfp+hard

Disabled: none

Misc: softdebug

Interpreter: yes

LLVM: yes(600)

Suspend: preemptive

GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Comment

Mono is currently in no -man land with .net core providing the same functionality better. You are using older mono version from 2018.

Is there a reason to stick with older version or can you upgrade and see if it works ?

Comment

deepakkhajuria, I'm just using the standard HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 hub (their Raspberry PI product). How would I upgrade this?

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
                I am running HS4 ZEE S2/PI Edition 4.2.7.0 (Linux) and have not been able to get this to work. When I try to access the Z-Wave Parameters for a Z-Wave device, I get this error:
                Failed to get data from Offline Open Z-Wave Database. I see the list of .json files in my /usr/local/HomeSeer/data/ZWaveParameters/db directory. Do I need to point the plug-in to this directory somehow?
                I'm having same problem: on a Linux 4.2.7.0 (not a Zee) box.

Failed to get data from Open Z-Wave Database The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. Authentication failed, see inner exception. Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED at /build/mono-6.12.0.122/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132

Comment

avpman, that happened to me too when I tried using the online database.

Comment

SSL 1000007d error is different issue. See here. Basically root certificate store shipped with mono is old and cannot verify the new certificate from site. Do the steps mentioned in the github issue.

Comment

deepakkhajuria, I'm just using the standard HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 hub (their Raspberry PI product). How would I upgrade this?
                      If you are not familiar with upgrade process and have not dealt with linux , I won't recommend upgrading then. Forum has instructions for installing and updating.
                      I can look for any specific incompatibilities with version of mono you have.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the need for this. I followed the instructions in the link that was posted and I couldn't get it to install the ca-bundle-cert even though it said it was successfully imported. My bigger question is why do we need to install the cert for "this particular" plugin? I have more than one other plugin that makes https: calls for data on weather and other sites that require an SSL connection and I have no trouble with those connections. Only this plugin. Inquiring minds ant to know.

Comment

For verifying a SSL(TLS) certificate, it needs to get verified through a root certificate which a machine explicitly trust. These root certificates are typically part of OS. Also OS updates will keep the system root certificate store up to date.

But, Mono ships with its own root store certificate store. It does not use the system one. It provides cert-sync tool to import the certificates to mono store.

Open-Zwave site uses LetsEncrypt certificate. It root certificate was changed a few months ago.

So unless you have this new root certificate in Mono root certificate store, certificate cannot be verified by Mono. Hence the call fails and you see this SSL verification error.

The proper way to fix this is to update Mono Root certificate store using cert-sync, provided your machine cert store is also already updated.

Comment

I used this command to check my certs after trying to instal the ca-bundle:

awk -v cmd='openssl x509 -noout -subject' ' /BEGIN/{close(cmd)};{print | cmd}' < /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

The output attached ( cert.txt ) lists the installed certs but I don't see the right one installed? Still not working. Any help would be appreciated!

Originally posted by deepakkhajuria View Post
                            For verifying a SSL(TLS) certificate, it needs to get verified through a root certificate which a machine explicitly trust. These root certificates are typically part of OS. Also OS updates will keep the system root certificate store up to date.

But, Mono ships with its own root store certificate store. It does not use the system one. It provides cert-sync tool to import the certificates to mono store.

Open-Zwave site uses LetsEncrypt certificate. It root certificate was changed a few months ago.

So unless you have this new root certificate in Mono root certificate store, certificate cannot be verified by Mono. Hence the call fails and you see this SSL verification error.

The proper way to fix this is to update Mono Root certificate store using cert-sync, provided your machine cert store is also already updated.

Comment

I used this command to check my certs after trying to instal the ca-bundle:

awk -v cmd='openssl x509 -noout -subject' ' /BEGIN/{close(cmd)};{print | cmd}' < /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

The output attached ( cert.txt ) lists the installed certs but I don't see the right one installed? Still not working. Any help would be appreciated!
                              You have the required certificate in the text file

Code:
                              subject=C = US, O = Internet Security Research Group, CN = ISRG Root X1

You can verify that TLS connection to site outside Mono via

Code:
                               openssl s_client  -brief -status -connect opensmarthouse.org:443
                              You should see `Verification: OK` if connection worked and do Ctrl+C to exit.

Then do `cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt` to import certs to Mono, and restart the plugin. Not sure if Mono caches the root certificate store or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X