Clear All

Originally posted by deepakkhajuria View Post

You have the required certificate in the text file

Code:
    subject=C = US, O = Internet Security Research Group, CN = ISRG Root X1

You can verify that TLS connection to site outside Mono via

Code:
     openssl s_client -brief -status -connect opensmarthouse.org:443
    You should see `Verification: OK` if connection worked and do Ctrl+C to exit.

Then do `cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt` to import certs to Mono, and restart the plugin. Not sure if Mono caches the root certificate store or not.
    All of the steps you outlined produced the results you indicated. I restarted the plugin but I'm still getting the error and it looks like it's still using boringssl as indicated in the HS logfile:

Failed to create page for 744 with error:"Failed to get data from Open Z-Wave Database The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. Authentication failed, see inner exception. Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED at /build/mono-6.12.0.122/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132"

Comment

All of the steps you outlined produced the results you indicated. I restarted the plugin but I'm still getting the error and it looks like it's still using boringssl as indicated in the HS logfile:
      Based on issues discussed here in this github issue, the Boring SSL is not ignoring expired Root certificates.

Solution is to reimport everything from scratch or remove this expired certificate in mono root certificate.

If you willing, can you please try this to remove everything:

Code:
      sudo mv /usr/share/.mono /usr/share/.mono2
      sudo cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Comment

Based on issues discussed here in this github issue, the Boring SSL is not ignoring expired Root certificates.

Solution is to reimport everything from scratch or remove this expired certificate in mono root certificate.

If you willing, can you please try this to remove everything:

Code:
        sudo mv /usr/share/.mono /usr/share/.mono2
        sudo cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

First off - THANK YOU very much for your help and patience through this.
        No luck - did the remove, then the sync, restarted plugin ,and also rebooted the machine. Sync output attached. out.txt

Comment

Interestingly you still have expired certificate "DST Root CA X3" in you root certificate list and is re-imported into Mono root certificate on full import. I hoped the full import will atleast ignore it.

You can delete the certificate as https://garutilorenzo.github.io/fix-...openssl-1.0.2/ and then try a full import again. May be that works.

Comment

Interestingly you still have expired certificate "DST Root CA X3" in you root certificate list and is re-imported into Mono root certificate on full import. I hoped the full import will atleast ignore it.

You can delete the certificate as https://garutilorenzo.github.io/fix-...openssl-1.0.2/ and then try a full import again. May be that works.
            You rock bud - that worked! I read during all of this that I may need to create a cron job to renew a certificate regularly before it expires. But I don't remember what the command was to refresh it. Any idea?
            THANKS AGAIN!

Comment

I'm trying to use your plugin and while it appears to install properly I don't get the added button for "Z-Wave Parameters".

Also, looking at my Plugins, I see your plugin stating "Loaded Remotely" and "included" below it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Running HS4 (upgraded from 3.0 about a month ago) in a Homeseer Z which I guess is different from the Pi model currently in production.

I have two other plugins listed (Tuya 4.0.34.0 showing "Okay") and (ZWave 3.0.9.0 showing "Okay"). Both of these have a "More" button but your "Z-Wave Parameters" plugin has NO "More" button... is that a concern?

I restarted the Zee and took a 2nd look at my Plugins... Now Z-Wave Parameters was disabled. When I enabled it, it displayed "Okay" followed by "Included" and a "More" button appears.

Then, waiting a bit, the status changed to "INFO: Plugin Start is Pending" and the "More" button has once again disappeared...

Here's a portion of my Log that is repeating:
              2/12/2022 5:15:50 PM

HomeSeer
              Info
              Plugin ZWaveParameters with instance Z-Wave Parameters has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37032

2/12/2022 5:15:49 PM

HomeSeer
              Warning
              I/O interface Z-Wave Parameters is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

2/12/2022 5:15:25 PM

HomeSeer
              Info
              Plugin Z-Wave Parameters with ID: ZWaveParameters and Instance: has disconnected

2/12/2022 5:15:19 PM

Z-Wave Parameters
              Info
              Loading database from "/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/ZWaveParameters/db"

HomeSeer
              Starting Plug-In
              Plugin Z-Wave Parameters started successfully in 139 milliseconds

Z-Wave Parameters
              Info
              Plugin Started

HomeSeer
              Starting Plug-In
              Initializing plugin Z-Wave Parameters ...

HomeSeer
              Starting Plug-In
              Z-Wave Parameters loaded in 15005 milliseconds

2/12/2022 5:15:05 PM

HomeSeer
              Info
              Plugin ZWaveParameters with instance Z-Wave Parameters has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37030

Sorry.. is there a better way to format Log listings?
              Last edited by LarryB; February 12, 2022, 07:03 PM. Reason: added a bit more symptoms

Comment

I'm trying to use your plugin and while it appears to install properly I don't get the added button for "Z-Wave Parameters".

Also, looking at my Plugins, I see your plugin stating "Loaded Remotely" and "included" below it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Running HS4 (upgraded from 3.0 about a month ago) in a Homeseer Z which I guess is different from the Pi model currently in production.

I have two other plugins listed (Tuya 4.0.34.0 showing "Okay") and (ZWave 3.0.9.0 showing "Okay"). Both of these have a "More" button but your "Z-Wave Parameters" plugin has NO "More" button... is that a concern?

I restarted the Zee and took a 2nd look at my Plugins... Now Z-Wave Parameters was disabled. When I enabled it, it displayed "Okay" followed by "Included" and a "More" button appears.

Then, waiting a bit, the status changed to "INFO: Plugin Start is Pending" and the "More" button has once again disappeared...

Not sure what is happening.

Can you try running the plugin from command line ? It should tell the reason on why it is crashing.

In Homeseer directory run plugin with arguments
                Code:
                SERVER=xxxx
                where xxxx is your IP Address of your HS4 machine.

This should produce logs on console.

Comment

Not sure what is happening.

Can you try running the plugin from command line ? It should tell the reason on why it is crashing.

In Homeseer directory run plugin with arguments
                  Code:
                  SERVER=xxxx
                  where xxxx is your IP Address of your HS4 machine.

This should produce logs on console.

Ummm... are you assuming I have a Windows product running Homeseer HS4? That's not the case--I'm running Homeseer in a dedicated Raspberry Pi "Zee" device purchased from Homeseer. I access it's screens with a web browser (Chrome in Win10).

I did paste the recurring issue I see repeating itself in the logs above. Is there something else I can paste here that would be helpful?

Thanks,

Comment

Ummm... are you assuming I have a Windows product running Homeseer HS4? That's not the case--I'm running Homeseer in a dedicated Raspberry Pi "Zee" device purchased from Homeseer. I access it's screens with a web browser (Chrome in Win10).
                    Your machine also has a command line accessible via SSH, but it is fine if you not familiar with it.

All I see from logs is that plugin is crashing. I can't think of a way to determine the reason of crash any other way.

Comment

Your machine also has a command line accessible via SSH, but it is fine if you not familiar with it.

All I see from logs is that plugin is crashing. I can't think of a way to determine the reason of crash any other way.

Ahh.. I see. I'd be happy to try with a little guidance. Somewhere here I should read about how to do this SSH access?

Comment

Wow...this thread helped!
                        I just did this:

cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

On CentOS Stream release 9
                        ​I did not have to restart anything....the plugin immediately picked it up and started working!

Comment

Working...
                        X