Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexbk66 Any chance you could add the following to the list of alerts to choose from in the drop down list? Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	6 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	1513304
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.png Views:	6 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	1513305

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      alexbk66 Any chance you could add the following to the list of alerts to choose from in the drop down list? Thanks
      Can you please clarify what device it is? And what provider?

Comment

Ah, it's "Alert" device in the Current conditions?

You confuse alert category and alert severity, i.e. "Moderate" is severity, but "Hazardous Weather" is the category.

I kind off mix them in one device (under Current conditions) since I don't want to add too many devices there.

But when the Alert is present - I also create a separate root for the alert with separate severity and category child devices.

But it does depend on provider used!

Comment

And severity also provider dependant

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Can you please clarify what device it is? And what provider?
            alexbk66 Sorry, yes it is the Alert device and I am using the NOAA1 provider.

Comment

alexbk66 Any word on this? NOAA1 still showing Hazardous Weather Outlook, as in the top pic in post 151. NOAA2 shows Alert as Ok and the Unknown symbol to the left of Alert.

EDIT: I have changed to Open Weather Map to see what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66

Do you mean post 161? Can you please be more specific and more verbose - I'm struggling a bit to understand - is NOAA1 showing wrong alert? Or NOAA2?
                No, post 151 up above in this thread. Pic shows a part of the List View for NOAA1, which shows the Hazardous Weather Outlook verbage. Just trying to show you what it says.

So to recap,

In NOAA1 the Alert keeps coming in as Hazardous Weather Outlook. Nothing else like minor, moderate, severe or extreme ever show.

If I switch to NOAA2, Alert, shows Ok but the icon to the left of the word Alert has an Unknown icon.

I am not sure how to better explain. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger
                  I suggest to move the discussion to separate thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...28#post1514228

Comment

Hi Alex. I was wondering if you could add icons for weather conditions? When I say add them, I mean being able to access the weather condition icon as a feature so we can use the icon when we display the weather on any interface. Openweather.org has them available in their API. See here: https://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

EDIT: I do see that the icons from the API do exist in the devices created in HomeSeer. Is there a way to extract them for use in an interface like HSTouch, or The Home Remote?

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
                      Hi Alex. I was wondering if you could add icons for weather conditions? When I say add them, I mean being able to access the weather condition icon as a feature so we can use the icon when we display the weather on any interface. Openweather.org has them available in their API. See here: https://openweathermap.org/weather-conditions

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

EDIT: I do see that the icons from the API do exist in the devices created in HomeSeer. Is there a way to extract them for use in an interface like HSTouch, or The Home Remote?
                      I think in HS Touch you can use the device image?

I'm also working on creating forecast page as an image, so you can display in HS Touch as single image without need for creating separate elements manually.

Comment

I think in HS Touch you can use the device image?

I'm also working on creating forecast page as an image, so you can display in HS Touch as single image without need for creating separate elements manually.
                        Interesting re: device image. I haven't started using HS Touch yet, but I'll have to check it out. I was thinking about using Home Remote instead of HS Touch. That would be amazing if you could give us a single weather image. Can you do that same thing for multi-day weather reports (like the 5 day forecast?).

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

Interesting re: device image. I haven't started using HS Touch yet, but I'll have to check it out. I was thinking about using Home Remote instead of HS Touch. That would be amazing if you could give us a single weather image. Can you do that same thing for multi-day weather reports (like the 5 day forecast?).

Thanks!
                          Yeah, that's the plan

Comment

Hi, I have a AcuRite system that I currently connect through WU, using the UltraWeatherWU plugin.

Does your plug-in support AcuRite(PWS)? I’ve seen people mention AcuRite a couple times but it’s not under the supported list.

I’d like to be able to directly connect HS to my AcuRite system so I can get more out of it.
                            When I go through WU, I’m not able to use all the data from my Atlas or other sensors that I have.

Comment

Originally posted by theroefam View Post
                              Hi, I have a AcuRite system that I currently connect through WU, using the UltraWeatherWU plugin.

Does your plug-in support AcuRite(PWS)? I’ve seen people mention AcuRite a couple times but it’s not under the supported list.
                              I also would like to add AcuRite support to my plugin, but AcuRite don't have an API and were not interested in talking to me.

If you want to try talking to them, please do.

I do support WU, what data are you missing?

Comment

I also would like to add AcuRite support to my plugin, but AcuRite don't have an API and were not interested in talking to me.

If you want to try talking to them, please do.

I do support WU, what data are you missing?

Thanks for the reply…
                                - understand since AcuRite doesn’t have an API ( maybe I’ll post something on their forum)
                                There are two things I’m missing…
                                - I have the Atlas which is a little more than the 5:1…, WU only takes the 5:1 information. One example WU does’t receive is lightening strikes.
                                - I have three other temp/humidity sensors(inside and outside) that I look at, it would be really nice to have those within HS.

In general, my setup is ok now. But if I could directly connect AcuRite to HS, and be able to see my whole AcuRite setup - I would do so in a second.

Comment

Working...
                                X