Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It helps to identify stale data - if provider doesn't update the timestamp for any reason.

Comment

I have a PWS and a Weather Underground API key if you want to add the service I can let you test with my API key, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
        I have a PWS and a Weather Underground API key if you want to add the service I can let you test with my API key, let me know
        Sure, would be great. I also need to add NOAA

Comment

Send you PM with the key

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.10 - Added Weather Underground - only current observations for now, no forecast.

Still need to find out how to get the current condition (text/code/icon)

You can select the station from list of found stations (by lat/lon) - or enter the station ID manually
              Click image for larger version  Name:	WU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	1470834
              Click image for larger version

Name:	WU Sett.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1470836

Comment

Working great! I even added a second weather station and it came in just fine. I use the second station mainly in the winter to see if it is snowing in the mountains between home and Cali. If you want to do PWS as well let me know and I’ll send you the key to test.

Comment

Working great! I even added a second weather station and it came in just fine. I use the second station mainly in the winter to see if it is snowing in the mountains between home and Cali. If you want to do PWS as well let me know and I’ll send you the key to test.
                  I only need the second key if there's any issue.

Do you know any currently working SW using WU API?

Comment

No but I use Ambient Weather (my PWS model) which passes the data to PWS and WU. I have and use the HS plugin to connect to my PWS. If you look into Ambient Weather their API works with all kinds of different SW providers.

Comment

mcsSprinklers uses WU API among others.

Comment

No but I use Ambient Weather (my PWS model) which passes the data to PWS and WU. I have and use the HS plugin to connect to my PWS. If you look into Ambient Weather their API works with all kinds of different SW providers.
                        I meant other way around - getting current conditions from WU.

BTW, I can also add the local API for weather stations - instead of getting current conditions from WU

Comment

I don’t know of any the other way around. The API for Ambient Weather has a lot more information than you are exposing with WU (including indoor temps, ets) and has a nice five day forecast. If you want to test it I’ll send you the key. It would be great to have all of the information in one plugin and not two.

Comment

I don’t know of any the other way around. The API for Ambient Weather has a lot more information than you are exposing with WU (including indoor temps, ets) and has a nice five day forecast. If you want to test it I’ll send you the key. It would be great to have all of the information in one plugin and not two.
                            We posted simultaneously

I generated my own AW key, don't know if it's gonna work thought. Please PM me any info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-26 (3).png
Views:	162
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1470948

Comment

Yeah, it looks like I need your API Key to get list of devices since i don't own any.

Comment

Sent you the key

Comment

Working...
                                X