Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. Any info about the stations - so I can decide what values to display? i.e. you mentioned room temp...

Easy adding new providers is good, the only issue now - it's too easy to jump to a new provider without finishing others (i.e. WU)

Comment

Here is a screen shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	61C37346-B5D6-4C0A-AB12-BEFEFEBD42B9.png
Views:	222
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1470961

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
        Here is a screen shot:
        Thank you. For any provider there's many values I could display, I just try to minimise number of HS devices. Also I try to display values available form most providers.

So I can add more values on request, i.e. do you need all of the devices in your screenshot?

Another question, these values received from AW server, or you have local connection and get them directly from PWS?

And reminder, in AKWeather "Minimal Detail Level" is enabled by default:

Name:	Minimal Detail Level.png
Views:	142
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1470965

Comment

All of the values you see come from AW nothing comes from a local connection. The local connection is a display terminal that shows all the values you see but you can’t get them directly from it. I don’t need all of the values on the screen shot but as soon as I tell you what I don’t need the next user will say that they need them. For me I’d say that everything you have in the WU full view is all usable, I do drive some events from AW on the inside temp/humidity values I get from AW.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.11 - Added Ambient Weather. Need to verify if any devices are missing or incorrect.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AmbientWeather1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	1470992
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AmbientWeather2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	1470993

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.12 - Fixed humidity / humidity-indoor

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                Ver 4.0.0.12 - Fixed humidity / humidity-indoor
                OK humidity-indoor is working. The only other values that I use in events are Hourly Rain and Daily Rain. I use those for my lawn watering. If I can have those you will have everything I need.

Thanks for the work on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                  OK humidity-indoor is working. The only other values that I use in events are Hourly Rain and Daily Rain. I use those for my lawn watering. If I can have those you will have everything I need.

Thanks for the work on this!
                  Hourly Rain should be available for all providers - it's standard. But the HS device should be only created when it starts raining. I implement tis way to make sure HS devices are only created for available data.

Please verify if possible. I'll also check. And will add daily rain too.

Comment

Can you please provide more info on local communication with PWS, I might implement it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                      Can you please provide more info on local communication with PWS, I might implement it as well.
                      There is an app called awnet (different than the Ambient Weather Dashboard app).

1. You have to set your phone (iPhone for me) to the 2.4gz wifi network (a must) that you will be using and then run the awnet app.
                      2. When it starts up you have to push temp and wind on your display and the communication will start.
                      3. First off it goes out and finds your PWS device (AMBWeather-ID) and once found it will display your AMBWeather-ID and allow you to move to the next step
                      4. Add wifi network now and it is important that your phone is on that network from step one here or else it will fail (wifi light will be flashing)
                      5. Once the wifi light goes solid you are on the network and the data is available
                      6. When you check your device in awnet you will see:
                      A. The AMBWeather-ID
                      B. Your IP Address
                      C. Your Mac Address (This is your station ID)

It is important (at least to me it is) that once you are all connected that you reserve the IP address for the PWS or else if you ever lose wifi and are set up dynamic it will reset your PWS and you'll have to do the whole process again

So bottom line if you have the Mac Address (Station ID) and maybe the local IP address you might be able to bypass the AW interface all together. If you could do that it would be great as then you wouldn't need the internet to communicate and could do it locally. However it you want to use WU, PWS weather, etc. you will need it as in AW dashboard you allow those services to run with the API you provide them.

Comment

alexbk66, if you are looking to add local support for the newer Ambient Weather Consoles I have found a way to make the console send the weather data to an IP and port of your choosing. This does not interfere with the Console sending data to AmbientWeather.net

Below are the steps and yes step 1 sounds odd but it works

On your smartphone down load the Ecowitt WS View App
                        Launch the WS View app, press Menu then select Device List
                        From the Device list do you see your AmbientWeather Station?
                        If yes, select it. If prompted don't update firmware at this time
                        In upper right hand corner of WS View App press next until you see the Customized Screen.

If you do see a Customized Screen your console can directly output it's data to a local PC and port that you select

Comment

alexbk66 In the child devices for Ambient Weather I have one called Description that I don't see on your pic above. It is showing a ? which is showing in the graphics as Unknown.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	pIc1.png Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	1471096

It was mentioned above that rain child devices were missing. That is true for me as well.

EDIT: In/hr is in the PI so you can forget that one, just Day and Event.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.png Views:	0 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	1471097

These are on the website as well but not in the PI.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	pic3.png Views:	0 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	1471098

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                            alexbk66 In the child devices for Ambient Weather I have one called Description that I don't see on your pic above. It is showing a ? which is showing in the graphics as Unknown.
                            For both AW and WU I couldn't find the current condition description and icon (as I said before) - which is important bit I think. Still looking.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-27 104823.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1471144

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                              alexbk66, if you are looking to add local support for the newer Ambient Weather Consoles
                              Thank you, I don't own any PWS yet, I'm looking to buy one - with the local official API, so I can integrate with my plugin.

So first I need to choose brand. Which one is most popular?

I contacted Davis Instruments, AcuRite, Ecowitt, Holman (AU) - will see....

Comment

alexbk66 Alex, also take a look at the new Ambient Weather Stations. They have one that has no moving parts but still can give you all the readings. I have the WS-2902A and there is a new WS-2902C version also as well as the WS-5000 which I think is the one with no visible moving external parts.

Oh ya, don't forget Ecowitt!

Comment

Working...
                                X