Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKWeather features requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
    i was wondering if you know of away to have an alert feature for severe weather like tornado, hurricane, freeze warning etc that could be used to trigger events? i use emails to trigger them now but that has not been accurate and it would be useful to change colors of RGB lighting i have to indicate warnings and when they are over

    Thanks
    Sure, alerts are on my to-do list, but available alerts really depend on the selected provider and location. Do you have a specific provider in mind?

    I see you are in US, most Americans prefer NOAA which I'm implementing now. Unfortunately government services are real pain to use (like NOAA or BOM).

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

      Sure, alerts are on my to-do list, but available alerts really depend on the selected provider and location. Do you have a specific provider in mind?

      I see you are in US, most Americans prefer NOAA which I'm implementing now. Unfortunately government services are real pain to use (like NOAA or BOM).
      I dont have a specific one in mind but NOAA is always good option and i also have a free key for openweather, having the different alerts is something i look forward to finally having!

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post

        I dont have a specific one in mind but NOAA is always good option and i also have a free key for openweather, having the different alerts is something i look forward to finally having!
        I'm finishing NOAA (hopefully today) and they do have alerts API. And I'll check openweather

        Comment


          #79
          Ver 4.0.0.28 - Added NOAA (one of 3 services)

          Comment


            #80
            Ver 4.0.0.29 - Added NOAA (2) and NOAA Marine, added Alerts for NOAA.

            Comment


              #81
              alexbk66 Here are some of the NOAA alerts for an area like mine that are popular. Other people can go to the address you gave (below) and add what they would like to see.
              • severe thunderstorm watch, warning
              • tornado watch, warning
              • significant weather alert, advisory
              • flash flood watch, warning
              • blizzard watch, warning
              • winter storm watch, warning
              • ice storm warning
              • winter weather advisory
              • blowing snow advisory
              • freezing rain advisory
              • freeze warning
              • hard freeze watch, warning
              • wind chill warning
              • high wind watch, warning
              • 911 telephone outage emergency
              • civil danger warning
              • local area emergency
              • air quality alert
              Here is the link again for others to pick what they might need. This link is weird. Look for the statement with a light bulb and click on the link that says Severe weather terminology (United_States)

              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe...(United_States)

              Comment


                #82
                Click image for larger version

Name:	NOAA2 Alerts.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1474184

                Comment


                  #83
                  Requested Additions to the Current Plug-in using std Weatherbit Field Descriptions:
                    • sunrise: Sunrise time (HH:MM).
                    • sunset: Sunset time (HH:MM).
                    • city_name: City name.
                    • country_code: Country abbreviation.
                    • state_code: State abbreviation/code.
                    • pres: Pressure (mb).
                    • wind_spd: Wind speed (Default m/s).
                    • wind_dir: Wind direction (degrees).
                    • wind_cdir: Abbreviated wind direction.
                    • wind_cdir_full: Verbal wind direction.
                    • app_temp: Apparent/"Feels Like" temperature (default Celcius).
                    • rh: Relative humidity (%).
                    • clouds: Cloud coverage (%).
                  In one of your posts, you asked if people would be willing to pay for this. Yes, I would, but I would hope that it will continue to be supported (unlike WeatherAPI).

                  Thanks!!

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by cmdrcrank View Post
                    Requested Additions to the Current Plug-in using std Weatherbit Field Descriptions:
                      • sunrise: Sunrise time (HH:MM).
                      • sunset: Sunset time (HH:MM).
                      • city_name: City name.
                      • country_code: Country abbreviation.
                      • state_code: State abbreviation/code.
                      • pres: Pressure (mb).
                      • wind_spd: Wind speed (Default m/s).
                      • wind_dir: Wind direction (degrees).
                      • wind_cdir: Abbreviated wind direction.
                      • wind_cdir_full: Verbal wind direction.
                      • app_temp: Apparent/"Feels Like" temperature (default Celcius).
                      • rh: Relative humidity (%).
                      • clouds: Cloud coverage (%).
                    In one of your posts, you asked if people would be willing to pay for this. Yes, I would, but I would hope that it will continue to be supported (unlike WeatherAPI).
                    Not sure what is your request? First of all - which provider do you mean? Weatherbit? I do have all this already. Did you de-select "Minimal details level"?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weatherbit.png
Views:	60
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1476127
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-05-25 (2).png Views:	0 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	1476126

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Thanks, I did not see the minimal settings flag. that did what I needed to do, except that my location shows us as Green Acres US instead of the actual town, which should either be Ooltewah or Collegedale. to be fair, Collegedale showed up earlier this morning, but then it changed to Green Acres with the next update.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by cmdrcrank View Post
                        Thanks, I did not see the minimal settings flag. that did what I needed to do, except that my location shows us as Green Acres US instead of the actual town, which should either be Ooltewah or Collegedale. to be fair, Collegedale showed up earlier this morning, but then it changed to Green Acres with the next update.
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...or-collegedale

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Where do I find NOAA as a provider? This is the list I have when I create a new location.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 8.43.58 AM.png
Views:	63
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1476573

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Never mind. found the update. I will give it a shot. Thank you for your help!

                            Comment


                              #89
                              good

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by cowinger
                                Post deleted.
                                All good?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X