Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigstevep How do you add additional providers? The only way I could possibly see is to add multiple locations (using same coordinates).

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

Bigstevep How do you add additional providers? The only way I could possibly see is to add multiple locations (using same coordinates).
      Yes, that's the way.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for confirming alexbk66

Comment

Okay. Thanks for confirming alexbk66
          I'm also thinking about using multiple providers to work out average temperature or so, as sometimes values can differ a few degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I'm also thinking about using multiple providers to work out average temperature or so, as sometimes values can differ a few degrees.
            That's an interesting idea.

Comment

How about adding road conditions from opeanweathermap? I noticed they are offering them in their API. That could be really useful.

Comment

How about adding road conditions from opeanweathermap? I noticed they are offering them in their API. That could be really useful.
                I'll check

Comment

Do you mean Road Risk API? It's not free, and it requires to specify particular route.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                    Do you mean Road Risk API? It's not free, and it requires to specify particular route.
                    Yeah. Bummer. Okay. No worries. Thanks for checking.

Comment

On a different note. Would it be possible to give users the option to enable/disable any feature for a location/provider? Right now we have either lots of detail or less detail as the options. it would be nice if maybe after the user adds a new location, all the features associated with that location are listed on the settings/location page with a checkbox to enable/disable them. Thoughts? Thanks!

Comment

On a different note. Would it be possible to give users the option to enable/disable any feature for a location/provider? Right now we have either lots of detail or less detail as the options. it would be nice if maybe after the user adds a new location, all the features associated with that location are listed on the settings/location page with a checkbox to enable/disable them. Thoughts? Thanks!
                        It's been discussed many times, in my view it's unnecessary - nobody requests this for other plugins, i.e. ZWave?

I think it's better to properly define minimum set of features which is suitable for most users.

Comment

Hello Alex,

As discussed in the other forums, I believe that you have for most part covered a very significant part of the Weather Station, and Weather Service Providers and there is not really many more that I can think of of the top of my head.

The future enhancements requested are as follows:
                          1. Davis WLL Airlink, minor update
                          2. Davis V1 local API (WLL) Current Conditions both Weather Stations and Airlink
                          3. Expand AQI Providers i.e Purple Air, if there is a interest uptake - I do not own a Purple Air

Related Purple Air
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...index-solution

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                            Hello Alex,

As discussed in the other forums, I believe that you have for most part covered a very significant part of the Weather Station, and Weather Service Providers and there is not really many more that I can think of of the top of my head.

The future enhancements requested are as follows:
                            1. Davis WLL Airlink, minor update
                            2. Davis V1 local API (WLL) Current Conditions both Weather Stations and Airlink
                            3. Expand AQI Providers i.e Purple Air, if there is a interest uptake - I do not own a Purple Air

Related Purple Air
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...index-solution
                            Thanks Tim

Comment

I would like to see weather alerts if possible. I believe a few of the providers support that. My apologies if this has already been discussed. Thanks!

Comment

I would like to see weather alerts if possible. I believe a few of the providers support that. My apologies if this has already been discussed. Thanks!
                                Sure, alerts are provider dependant, so please specify the provider you have in mind.

Since you are in US - alerts are already implemented for NOAA.
                                Just note that the alerts devices are created when the first alert appears.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NOAA2 Alert.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	1496886

Click image for larger version  Name:	NOAA2 Alerts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	1496887

Comment

Working...
                                X