X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKWeather features requests

Please let me know about any wishes.

I can add any provider, for some (like Weather Underground) I may need to use your API key for testing as I don't own any weather stations.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    alexbk66 Can I make some suggestions on select-ability on some of the child devices? You probably have already thought about them. All cosmetic but some like it.

Pressure: choose hPa (rel or abs) or Inhg (rel or abs)
    Precipitation: in or mm
    Visibility: mi or km
    Winddir: add degree symbol after number
    Sunrise and Sunset: 12 hr or 24 hr format
    1. Regarding units - I select units based on current HS setting - and pass it to the provider and let the provider decide. So if you change HS to use "F" instead of "C: - all units should change automatically between metric and imperial. You can try verifying and reporting back. I'm open for suggestions.

2. Regarding "select-ability on some of the child devices" - I did think about it, even from older plugins i.e. weatherXML, etc. I do like "select-ability" - but I hate the complex configurations with lots of checkboxes. I always try to keep things K.I.S.S and make plugin work with minimal configuration (out of the box). So I'm thinking about just having two detail levels (i.e. basic and advanced) - one checkbox basically. But I really need users input on this - i.e. which devices belong to 'basic' and which to 'advanced'. Like I did in AKEnphaseEnvoy plugin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-04-24.png Views:	0 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	1470471

Comment

How about having just 2 boxes that read Metric or Imperial. Does that about cover everyone or a majority.

Comment

How about having just 2 boxes that read Metric or Imperial. Does that about cover everyone or a majority.
        But why duplicate HS setting? As I said - I try to keep simplicity and usability, so user doesn't have to do any unnecessary configuration, i.e I get units and coordinates from HS settings

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

But why duplicate HS setting? As I said - I try to keep simplicity and usability, so user doesn't have to do any unnecessary configuration, i.e I get units and coordinates from HS settings
          Agreed. I just wish HS would give us more than just the F or C for temp in Settings, General. Maybe add in Metric or Imperial as a choice also.

Comment

Just FYI, we use a mix of metric and imperial in the UK.

Windspeed MPH
            Temperature C
            Pressure mbar

Homeseer does not have such settings.....
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Just FYI, we use a mix of metric and imperial in the UK.

Windspeed MPH
              Temperature C
              Pressure mbar

Homeseer does not have such settings.....
              Most weather providers choose units automatically based on location. Please let me know any particular issues. Which may be different per provider.

Comment

Most weather providers choose units automatically base on location. Please let me know any particular issues. Which may be different per provider.
                As I said, it was just FYI for you to act on if necessary. I don't run HS4 in production yet so have no need for any plugins.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

As I said, it was just FYI for you to act on if necessary. I don't run HS4 in production yet so have no need for any plugins.
                  I appreciate every bit of input. My philosophy is slightly different to most HS plugins. I try to keep configuration to a bare minimum, so it just works out-of-the-box. Meaning you install and enable the plugin - and it just works. Some minimal unavoidable configuration may be required (i.e. API key). Again, I concentrate on simplicity and reliability. No bells and whistles. But if I get user request (reasonable) - I will add it.

I did try the other plugin - it has a lot of flashy stuff, but didn't create any weather devices...

Comment

I appreciate every bit of input. My philosophy is slightly different to most HS plugins. I try to keep configuration to a bare minimum, so it just works out-of-the-box. Meaning you install and enable the plugin - and it just works. Some minimal unavoidable configuration may be required (i.e. API key). Again, I concentrate on simplicity and reliability. No bells and whistles. But if I get user request (reasonable) - I will add it.

I did try the other plugin - it has a lot of flashy stuff, but didn't create any weather devices...
                    Hi alexbk66, can I just check - when you say
                    didn't create any weather devices
                    is that because you didn't create any devices or when you tried to, it didn't? I have a few occasions where the javascript didn't post back and I'm trying to figure out why it does for most but not for some. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post

Hi alexbk66, can I just check - when you say is that because you didn't create any devices or when you tried to, it didn't? I have a few occasions where the javascript didn't post back and I'm trying to figure out why it does for most but not for some. Thanks
                      Hi Russ, I did check all checkboxes - but when I click Save - it's all lost. I tried 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Hi Russ, I did check all checkboxes - but when I click Save - it's all lost. I tried 3 or 4 times.
                        Thanks for that - still trying to figure out where the postback fails - really starting to annoy me now as its all coded correctly.
                        Hope all is good over east

Comment

The time in the CTRL is very confusing. Could it be changed. See pic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	1470609

After Polling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_101234.png
Views:	667
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1470610

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
                            Thanks for that - still trying to figure out where the postback fails - really starting to annoy me now as its all coded correctly.
                            Hope all is good over east
                            Russ, it's some timing/racing condition - it works if in your rnbWeather.js function savedevicesfeatures I put 2000ms delay before
                            var devicesPage = window.location.origin + "/rnbWeather/rnbWeathermanagement.html";
                            window.location.assign(devicesPage);

Comment

The time in the CTRL is very confusing. Could it be changed. See pic.

Click image for larger version Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	1470609

After Polling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_101234.png Views:	3 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	1470610
                              It's not confusing, it's correct - it shows timespan between current time (when it's polling from timer every 15 min, or manually from POLL button) - and the data timestamp received from the provider.

So this number really depends on data received. For Darksky the timestamp is always the time of request - so when you click POLL - it shows 0sec.
                              For Openweathermap it looks like the data is updated every 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X