Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the response Alex. I was unaware that weather alerts will get generated automatically, cool! I think OpenWeatherMaps also offers Weather Alerts. That is currently the service I'm using. Any chance OpenWeather supports weather alerts too? I'm pretty sure they support them.

Comment

brientim following our discussion:

Just over a year ago, Apple announced that it was acquiring the popular hyperlocal weather app Dark Sky. At the time, Apple said the Dark Sky API, which is used by various third-party weather applications, would shut down at the end of 2021
      And
      The Weather Company, which operates the popular websites Weather.com and Weather Underground, and offers forecast and weather graphics services to many industries, has slashed dozens of jobs, part of a wave of large-scale layoffs imposed by its parent company, IBM. The layoffs were announced internally May 21, and the last day for affected workers is June 22.

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

Thanks for the response Alex. I was unaware that weather alerts will get generated automatically, cool! I think OpenWeatherMaps also offers Weather Alerts. That is currently the service I'm using. Any chance OpenWeather supports weather alerts too? I'm pretty sure they support them.
        OpenWeatherMap API does include alerts, but last time I checked - it didn't report any alerts, when NOAA was reporting alerts.

I need to check again.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

OpenWeatherMap API does include alerts, but last time I checked - it didn't report any alerts, when NOAA was reporting alerts.

I need to check again.
          Okay. Sounds good. Thanks!

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.24 (BETA) - Openweathermap Alerts

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.24 (BETA) - Openweathermap Alerts
              You rock! Thanks!

Comment

You rock! Thanks!
                No problem

Comment

You'll be happy to know I just got a weather alert from OpenWeatherMaps (Heat Advisory). I'm not happy about the contents of the alert, but glad the plugin did it's job to capture it. 😉

Comment

You'll be happy to know I just got a weather alert from OpenWeatherMaps (Heat Advisory). I'm not happy about the contents of the alert, but glad the plugin did it's job to capture it. 😉
                    If you clarify what exactly is wrong, I may try to improve it, i.e. screenshots, logs, etc.

Comment

If you clarify what exactly is wrong, I may try to improve it, i.e. screenshots, logs, etc.
                      Sorry, alexbk66 I guess I didn't articulate my message very well. The alert is great, with no problems. I'm happy with the alert. The alert I got today was for a heat advisory. That is the source of the unhappiness, not your plugin. 😅

Comment

Ah, ok

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.29 - Added NOAA (2) and NOAA Marine, added Alerts for NOAA.
                          Alex, I see that you've added NOAA 1 and 2 pray tell what is the difference? Are there any advantage(s) one over the other? you also make mention of Alert API how does one access it, is there a selection option?
                          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                            Alex, I see that you've added NOAA 1 and 2 pray tell what is the difference? Are there any advantage(s) one over the other? you also make mention of Alert API how does one access it, is there a selection option?
                            I have a separate thread about NOAA, please read: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...aa-weather-gov

There's actually 5 different APIs I'm supporting (Except I never finished NOAA 3).

Feel free to create two "Locations" and select NOAA1 and NOAA 2 - and compare.

NOAA 2 is newer, provides more info, has better support for Alerts. You don't need to "access" Alert API - it's included, but (as everything in my plugin) the HS devices are created only when the data becomes available. Which might be a bit of inconvenience - but I don't want to create devices unnecessary. You may try selecting a location (temporary) which does currently have the Alerts.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...79#post1474179

Comment

MNB , you asked which provider to choose in general - it's usually personal choice, I can't really test and compare for different countries every supported provider (28 currently).

But from my experience, say OpenWeather may be good outside US because it supports alerts worldwide, but in USA most providers use Alerts feed from NOAA anyways, so it's better IMHO to use NOAA directly.

But again, as it's trivial to add more "Locations" with different providers (and then delete if you don't like) - feel free to experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                                BTW, this is "Features Request" thread. General AKWeather discussion is here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ergrnd-ambient

And often it's better choice to start a new thread if you expect the discussion to be more than one reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X