This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Progress on Description

alexbk66 Is there any progress on finding why Description shows up in the list of child devices? I have the PI on Ambient and it is still in the list of child devices. I am on 4.0.0.15 and dis/en Pi does nothing. No errors in the log.

[EDIT]
    The only provider which doesn't use description is AW, because it shows just data from PWS. But for the description for AW - I might just make-up some text.

[EDIT]
    I checked my, it doesn't have description. It must have been left when you tried another provider?

Comment

BTW, can you please describe your AW setup? Just because I'm looking myself for PWS.

You mentioned WS-2902A, but I mean the rest of the system, i.e. ObserverIP, etc?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AmbientWeather2.png
Views:	51
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1471294

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          BTW, can you please describe your AW setup? Just because I'm looking myself for PWS.

You mentioned WS-2902A, but I mean the rest of the system, i.e. ObserverIP, etc?
          I have the older model WS-2902A, there is the exact thing available but it is a WS-2902C. On the display they both have the wind direction, wind speed, uv, solar radiation, inside/outside temp, inside/outside humidity, rain in/hr (can be set to others, day, week, month), barometric (abs or rel), moon (what phase), date, time. It has a neat part on the display that seems to know what weather is coming. Mine showed clouds with rain earlier this afternoon and it is raining now. No observerIP.

Anything else I can tell you just let me know. Also, the WS-2902C has all the above plus dew point, heat index, wind chill on the display. The newer display is arranged a little differently than mine. It even has an optional bird spike that can be put on.

If you want lightning detection that is optional on the WS-2000 and WS-5000 or on Ecowitt!!

Hope this helps.

Here is WS-2902A. I took out Description.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	88
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1471301

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            WS-2902C has all the above plus dew point, heat index, wind chill on the display
            From my limited understanding, 'heat index' and 'wind chill' are used for 'feels like' temperature (which all other providers show), but AW has these two instead of 'feels like'. They both are available in the API, I just don't use them because other providers don't have them. Instead I calculate the 'feels like' temperature, so please let me know if it's wrong.

rain in/hr (can be set to others, day, week, month)
            ​​​​​​​
            I added all of them in latest version (not published yet) - the screenshot I posted

It has a neat part on the display that seems to know what weather is coming
            ​​​​​​​
            That's the part I couldn't find from AW - the forecast. I found how to get forecast from WU, but the AW is the only provider without forecast

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              That's the part I couldn't find from AW - the forecast. I found how to get forecast from WU, but the AW is the only provider without forecast
              I saw this listed as one of the things the display does but I wonder if the forecast thing is done in the console itself.
              • Weather forecast: Sunny, Partly sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Stormy and Snowy

After looking at the API I didn't see any entry for forecast either. 🤷‍♀️

Comment

I sent email to AW, but don't expect too much...

Comment

Working...
                X