Clear All

Ver 4.0.0.31 - Implemented NOAA (2) Alerts

Click image for larger version

Name:	NOAA2 Alerts.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1474180

Comment

alexbk66 Waiting for 4.0.0.31 to show so I can update.

Comment

I found a little issue - when alert is gone - I need to clear the devices, but because I create the alert devices dynamically - it's not trivial because I don't know how many devices to clear.

I can post the new version now without clearing, or tomorrow with this fixed. It's almost 2 AM here in AU.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          I can post the new version now without clearing, or tomorrow with this fixed. It's almost 2 AM here in AU.
          Will wait until tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.31 in updater.

Icons for the Alert device (second top) can be changed for different severity (in Status/Graphics)

Comment

alexbk66 In the list of child devices in list view I don't have Alert just Alert URL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	227
Size:	421.3 KB
ID:	1474605

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                alexbk66 In the list of child devices in list view I don't have Alert just Alert URL.
                I create HS devices only when data is available, including Alert devices. AlertURL should be there either, I need to check.

I realise that you can't create TTS or other triggers until you actually have an alert for your area. But I'm not sure how to go about it.

There's too many possible devices (because I support many providers) - I don't want to create all devices it this particular provider doesn't support some particular data.

Probably I need to force creating the Alert device for supported providers.

For test though you can try some location which does have current alerts i.e. 40.52, -83.24

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.36 - Force creating Alert device for supported providers

Comment

alexbk66 What makes these child devices go to the unknown state. They seem to do this on a daily basis. Not all of them but it seems to change to different ones. Earlier today it was winddir and feelslike and now it is these in addition.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	1475521

Comment

They go unknown because the server doesn't provide the info for them - instead of returning wind speed 0 it just doesn't report it. I could set the device to 0, but I don't thing it's good idea to guess, I think unknown state it is.

Comment

alexbk66 I got the following error multiple times. There was an alert at 12:22pm today according to the Alert URL. The error started at 12:28pm.

Code:
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]5/22/2021 12:28:37 PM [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]AK Weather [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]Error [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: devRef
                        at: HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.FeatureFactory.CreateFeature(Stri ng pluginId, Int32 devRef)
                        at: PluginLib.DeviceBase.CreateDevice(String name, String addr)
                        at: PluginLib.DeviceBase.Create(String addr, String full_type, Int32 Device_Type, Int32 Device_SubType, String Device_SubType_Description, String dev_name) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#FF0000]5/22/2021 12:28:37 PM [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]AK Weather [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]Error [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#FF0000][0] : CreateDevice: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: devRef [/COLOR]

Comment

alexbk66 I got the following error multiple times. There was an alert at 12:22pm today according to the Alert URL. The error started at 12:28pm.
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...er-name-devref

Comment

i just wanted to say thanks Alex for the alert tab,in Noaa i have an event for extreme and severe, so im hoping this will also detect tornado, Having something like this is great!

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
                              i just wanted to say thanks Alex for the alert tab,in Noaa i have an event for extreme and severe, so im hoping this will also detect tornado, Having something like this is great!
                              Great! I think there's only a little issue when alert is gone, the main alert device still has red exclamation mark? It doesn't clear.

Did it create additional root alert devices with more details?

Comment

i do not see one, here is what i do have
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X