Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOAA (weather.gov)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
    i do not see one, here is what i do have
    Ah, Alert device has green mark, good. But when you did have the alert - it's supposed to create more devices like in post #16.

    Which NOAA API are you using, 1 or 2?

    Comment


      #32
      i just setup everything tonight and i have been using 1

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
        i just setup everything tonight and i have been using 1
        NOAA2 is newer, you can add second location (same coords) for NOAA2 and compare.

        [EDIT]

        But NOAA2 is still in Beta from 2016, so they don't guarantee the quality 😀

        Comment


          #34
          i setup NOAA 2 and everything shows similar to 1, but i didn't see a root like in post#16

          edit

          i have not received an alert so that could be why its missing for now?

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
            i setup NOAA 2 and everything shows similar to 1, but i didn't see a root like in post#16

            i have not received an alert so that could be why its missing for now?
            Yeah, the plugin is generic to support different providers, and I create HS devices dynamically only for data available from the provider. I.e. not all providers support alerts.

            Comment


              #36
              I keep getting this error:

              ExecuteAsync (NOAA2_STATION) [/points/41.29696,-96.09158]: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. [Status = SecureChannelFailure]

              I am on Akweather version 4.0.0.69. What am I doing wrong?

              Thanks,

              JimO.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by jameseoconnor View Post
                I keep getting this error:

                ExecuteAsync (NOAA2_STATION) [/points/41.29696,-96.09158]: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. [Status = SecureChannelFailure]

                I am on Akweather version 4.0.0.69. What am I doing wrong?
                I can assume you are using NOAA2 provider?
                What OS?
                How often do you get the error?
                Does it work sometimes? Or weather isn't updating at all?

                Comment


                  #38
                  BUG in NOAA 2 implementation (or their API). The base device which contains current condition information has Celsius and Fahrenheit switched. My temperatures are reporting as Fahrenheit with the (F) designator after the numeric value, but the numeric values are clearly the Celsius values. (e.g. right now, it is 57 deg F, but the device info shows 14 deg F)

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by cmdrcrank View Post
                    BUG in NOAA 2 implementation (or their API). The base device which contains current condition information has Celsius and Fahrenheit switched. My temperatures are reporting as Fahrenheit with the (F) designator after the numeric value, but the numeric values are clearly the Celsius values. (e.g. right now, it is 57 deg F, but the device info shows 14 deg F)
                    1. Please start new thread if you have a problem.
                    2. This was fixed in ver 4.0.1.56 (BETA) - so it's good to provide more info (i.e. your plugin version number)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Ver 4.0.2.3 (BETA) - Added NOAA1 Hourly Forecast (up to 168 hours)

                      Also a lot of improvements to the plugin structure and NOAA (1 & 2) in particular.

                      At the moment NOAA1 is much better quality data. NOAA2 provider is still in works.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	NOAA1 Cfg.png Views:	0 Size:	352.6 KB ID:	1509437
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	NOAA1 Hourly.png Views:	0 Size:	157.1 KB ID:	1509439

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X