X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
    i do not see one, here is what i do have
    Ah, Alert device has green mark, good. But when you did have the alert - it's supposed to create more devices like in post #16.

Which NOAA API are you using, 1 or 2?

Comment

i just setup everything tonight and i have been using 1

Comment

i just setup everything tonight and i have been using 1
        NOAA2 is newer, you can add second location (same coords) for NOAA2 and compare.

[EDIT]

But NOAA2 is still in Beta from 2016, so they don't guarantee the quality 😀

Comment

i setup NOAA 2 and everything shows similar to 1, but i didn't see a root like in post#16

edit

i have not received an alert so that could be why its missing for now?

Comment

i setup NOAA 2 and everything shows similar to 1, but i didn't see a root like in post#16

i have not received an alert so that could be why its missing for now?
            Yeah, the plugin is generic to support different providers, and I create HS devices dynamically only for data available from the provider. I.e. not all providers support alerts.

Comment

I keep getting this error:

ExecuteAsync (NOAA2_STATION) [/points/41.29696,-96.09158]: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. [Status = SecureChannelFailure]

I am on Akweather version 4.0.0.69. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

JimO.

Comment

Originally posted by jameseoconnor View Post
                I keep getting this error:

ExecuteAsync (NOAA2_STATION) [/points/41.29696,-96.09158]: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. [Status = SecureChannelFailure]

I am on Akweather version 4.0.0.69. What am I doing wrong?
                I can assume you are using NOAA2 provider?
                What OS?
                How often do you get the error?
                Does it work sometimes? Or weather isn't updating at all?

Comment

BUG in NOAA 2 implementation (or their API). The base device which contains current condition information has Celsius and Fahrenheit switched. My temperatures are reporting as Fahrenheit with the (F) designator after the numeric value, but the numeric values are clearly the Celsius values. (e.g. right now, it is 57 deg F, but the device info shows 14 deg F)

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcrank View Post
                    BUG in NOAA 2 implementation (or their API). The base device which contains current condition information has Celsius and Fahrenheit switched. My temperatures are reporting as Fahrenheit with the (F) designator after the numeric value, but the numeric values are clearly the Celsius values. (e.g. right now, it is 57 deg F, but the device info shows 14 deg F)
                    1. Please start new thread if you have a problem.
                    2. This was fixed in ver 4.0.1.56 (BETA) - so it's good to provide more info (i.e. your plugin version number)

Comment

Ver 4.0.2.3 (BETA) - Added NOAA1 Hourly Forecast (up to 168 hours)

Also a lot of improvements to the plugin structure and NOAA (1 & 2) in particular.

At the moment NOAA1 is much better quality data. NOAA2 provider is still in works.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	NOAA1 Cfg.png Views:	0 Size:	352.6 KB ID:	1509437
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	NOAA1 Hourly.png Views:	0 Size:	157.1 KB ID:	1509439

Comment

I am a new user of the AKWeather Plugin. My Home Control has a snow melt heater and I am trying to automate the operation of the device. The information would need to know if it is snowing. I see the word snow in the NOAA description field, but I do not know have to create an event or decision based on the item of it is currently snowing. How would I accomplish this?

Comment

Originally posted by jpjudd@ieee.org View Post
                          I am a new user of the AKWeather Plugin. My Home Control has a snow melt heater and I am trying to automate the operation of the device. The information would need to know if it is snowing. I see the word snow in the NOAA description field, but I do not know have to create an event or decision based on the item of it is currently snowing. How would I accomplish this?
                          Since you are not using NOAA provider, please start a separate thread for your request, don't pollute this thread. We'll continue there.
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-event-trigger

Comment

[mention]alexbk66 [/mention] I don't seem to have the “Effective” field (date/time when the alert conditions will start) as a device for NOAA2 weather alerts.

Is there an easy way to add it?

(I do have an “Alert Ends” device, but not an “Alert Starts” or “Alert Effective” or “Event Onset” device to know when the alerted event is supposed to start)

Here (from HS4 log) is the station and zone I have akweather configured to check:

Code:
                            3/19/2023 12:03:43 PM
                            AK Weather
                            Warning
                            [5159] 'Hercules NOAA Alerts': (NOAA2) Radar station for 'KCQT' (34.11618,-118.367622): 'KSOX', forecast zone 'CAZ368' (Los Angeles County Inland Coast including Downtown Los Angeles, CA) (stations: )
                            I also see this warning on plugin startup but i don't think it's related:

Code:
                            3/19/2023 12:29:38 PM
                            AK Weather
                            Warning
                            [5159] 'Hercules NOAA Alerts': (NOAA2) Unknown units (r): 'mm'
                            For reference, “Effective” field I am looking for is here:

https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwaca...b0b8fbd07b39cd

Thanks

————-

AK Weather 4.0.5.18

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 on Windows 11 Pro - Work Station 10.0.22621

Comment

mda, In ver 4.0.5.46 - NOAA2 - Added Alert Onset/Effective/Expires/Ends devices

Comment

Ver 4.0.5.52 - Multiple fixes for NOAA Marine

Comment

Working...
                                X