Ver 3.0.0.34 - Changed device location schema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ver 3.0.0.34 - Changed device location schema

Please note, in ver. 3.0.0.34 I changed (fixed) forecast and child devices locations, so they all match the main location root location (deliberate 2 x location).

Which may cause newly created children (i.e. when alert appears) to be created outside root devices.

So I recommend to delete all devices (forecast roots and all children). Except for the main location root - which holds the settings, i.e. Lat/Lon - so you don't need to re-configure the location.

After plugin restart it will re-create all devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-19 (1).png
Views:	90
Size:	581.7 KB
ID:	1475185

alexbk66 I have a question. If I am reading this right you are saying that a child device will be created when an alert occurs. If that is correct then how do we create an event if there is no child device to trigger from until the alert occurs and appears?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      alexbk66 I have a question. If I am reading this right you are saying that a child device will be created when an alert occurs. If that is correct then how do we create an event if there is no child device to trigger from until the alert occurs and appears?
      I asked you same question here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...34#post1474634

[EDIT]

I'm thinking, for the providers which support alerts - I can create a single Alert child under main root, which will be sufficient to trigger an event when alert appears. Then all other devices will be created dynamically from the alert.

Comment

I'm thinking, for the providers which support alerts - I can create a single Alert child under main root, which will be sufficient to trigger an event when alert appears. Then all other devices will be created dynamically from the alert.
        That would work. As long as the alert child stayed put and didn't go away.

Comment

That would work. As long as the alert child stayed put and didn't go away.
          No, I don't delete devices. Even if you reduce the number of forecast days - you have to remove the unused devices. I only delete the devices if you delete the location completely.

Comment

That sounds great. Running out of trial days so I am going to have to purchase. Not a problem. Need to anyway. Thanks for all the work and for adding the alerts.

Comment

That sounds great. Running out of trial days so I am going to have to purchase. Not a problem. Need to anyway. Thanks for all the work and for adding the alerts.
              Feel free to provide your feedback and requirements - it only helps me to make my plugin better.

Comment

Working...
              X