This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netatmo PWS support

Ver 4.0.0.40 Added initial support for Netatmo PWS.
    Ver 4.0.2.19 I refactored Netatmo provider.

See Configuration below for different system options.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	NWS.png Views:	11 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	1475953
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Netatmo.png Views:	0 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	1527245
    Configuration
    Ver 4.0.5.101 (BETA) - Changed Netatmo Authentication

Netatmo deprecated authentication​ using username/password. Now they require full OAuth "Authorization code grant type" which requires accepting in browser the OAuth prompt.

https://dev.netatmo.com/apps/createanapp

1. Create an application following the link above (required once only).
    2. Copy "client_id" and "client_secret" and paste below (required once only).
    3. Save. Authentication prompt should appear in browser. Accept.

Note: the OAuth prompt appears in browser on the PC where HS running, which requires:
    a. HS running not as service
    b. Monitor (or VNC) connected to the PC where HS running (i.e. not headless)

If it doesn't work - continue the steps to manually obtain tokens:

4. Under "Token generator" for "Choose scopes" select "read_station", click "Generate Token".
    5. Copy "Access Token" (Netatmo key) and "RefreshToken" and paste below.

Steps 4&5 may be required again in case the Authentication fails for some reason.​
    You have two options to support your Netatmo configuration:
    Option 1: Default configuration (single Location)
    By default all sensors are enabled and displayed under single Location (root). All additional temperatures are displayed under "Temperature Extra". I try to fit the data into standard plugin architecture - i.e. single temperature Min and Max device per Location. So for Min temperature I take minimum reading (for Max - maximum). For CO2 I display maximum of all CO2 readings.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Netatmo cfg.png Views:	0 Size:	117.8 KB ID:	1527246 Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-05-24 (3).png Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	1475945
    Option 2: Separate Location for additional aux module (i.e. NAModule4)
    If you have multiple indoor/outdoor units and want to see each reading (i.e. CO2) separately - you can create multiple "Locations" - and for each location select which sensors you want to display. I.e. create another Location for the second aux module (NAModule4), then disable this NAModule4 for the main root device, and enable only this NAModule4 for the additional root.​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_109835.png Views:	301 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	1527248 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_109834.png Views:	297 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	1527249

Thanks, have tested successfully.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Netatmo1.png Views:	0 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	1475955
    As you expose more data it would be good to match what I see from UltraNetatmo3
    Indoor module Outdoor Module
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_101950.png Views:	0 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	1475979 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_101951.png Views:	0 Size:	187.6 KB ID:	1475980

Comment

Did you switch off "Minimal details level "?

Comment

I forgot to create CO2 and Noise devices

Comment

Thanks, that would help - have turned off minimal now

Click image for larger version

Name:	Netatmo4.png
Views:	692
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	1475966
          In addition to CO2 and noise, can you please add WiFi and RF status, and battery.

Comment

For outdoor unit you have min and max temp, but the json you sent me doesn't have it. Can you please set Log level to Trace and PM the received json

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.42 - Added Netatmo CO2, Noise, Battery, Signal

Comment

Alex, I love that you've added Netatmo to this plugin! I have a weird issue, I know that you set it up to pull °C or °F from the Homeseer default, but while I am setup for °F in Homeseer, the plugin device is reporting in °C and labeling it as °F.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version  Name:	AK Netatmo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	1477558

Comment

Originally posted by kwyjibo13 View Post
                  I know that you set it up to pull °C or °F from the Homeseer default, but while I am setup for °F in Homeseer, the plugin device is reporting in °C and labeling it as °F.
                  Converting units is always a pain, I'll check

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.53 - Netatmo units (untested)

Since I don't own Netatmo, please test and report back. Values affected - temperature, wind speed, pressure, rain.

What sensors do you have?

Comment

Sorry for the long delay. Yes the temp units are fixed, nice work!

I have the indoor, outdoor, rain & wind. The battery on my wind is dead right now, I need to get up on the roof and replace the batteries.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hello, I need some assistance. I sucessfully attached my station (at first I had problems as I have two weatherstations at separate locations and had to add MAC of the one I wanted to integrate in the field "Netatmo Station".

But after adding the station I see a bit messy readings.

My station include:
                          • Main station
                          • Outdoor module
                          • Additional Indoor module
                          • Rain sensor
                          • Wind sensor
                          The created devices look as on the picture:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	AK_Weather 2.png Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	1520923

Some comments/issues:
                          • Temperature readings don't show the values after the comma, so it is difficult to track each device precisely. For example temp max is not 24 C but 24,2 C which in some cases makes a difference for me
                          • I don't see any readings from wind module
                          • From rain sensor only Precipation is shown (not sure if that value really comes from the rain module, though)
                          • The "temperature" and "humidity" are not from external sensor but from the aux indoor module
                          • The "temperature In" and "Humidity In" are coming from the main module (as it probably should be?)
                          • I'm not sure from where "Battery" status comes from. There are 4 battery powered units in my setup - external module, aux indoor module, wind sensor, rain sensor. Can't track from which one reading is taken as in the Netatmo app there is only a picture not values shown, but guessing on other data, it will be most probably aux indoor module
                          • Same as above comes for "signal" - from which device the reading is taken? I don't know...
                          • "Description" shows data only from main module and aux indoor module.
                          • CO2 is shown only from main module, data from aux indoor module are missing.
                          Any chance to get this working? I can support you in testing.

Comment

Originally posted by kwieto View Post
                            Some comments/issues:
                            • Temperature readings don't show the values after the comma, so it is difficult to track each device precisely. For example temp max is not 24 C but 24,2 C which in some cases makes a difference for me
                            • I don't see any readings from wind module
                            • From rain sensor only Precipation is shown (not sure if that value really comes from the rain module, though)
                            • The "temperature" and "humidity" are not from external sensor but from the aux indoor module
                            • The "temperature In" and "Humidity In" are coming from the main module (as it probably should be?)
                            • I'm not sure from where "Battery" status comes from. There are 4 battery powered units in my setup - external module, aux indoor module, wind sensor, rain sensor. Can't track from which one reading is taken as in the Netatmo app there is only a picture not values shown, but guessing on other data, it will be most probably aux indoor module
                            • Same as above comes for "signal" - from which device the reading is taken? I don't know...
                            • "Description" shows data only from main module and aux indoor module.
                            • CO2 is shown only from main module, data from aux indoor module are missing.
                            Any chance to get this working? I can support you in testing.
                            As I said, I only implemented standard configuration (one indoor and one outdoor module).

Regarding temperature precision - you can change in the device Status/Graphics settings (see screenshot below) - you need to change each range. But I don't think you can trust the sensors precision unless it's calibrated regularly.

For everything else I need to understand how Netatmo reports multiple devices/modules. If you can PM me your credentials - I can fix easily.

Probably to support multiple indoor/outdoor modules you will need to create multiple "Locations" and select which module you want to use for each Location.

Also, can you please set Log level to Trace and PM the received json

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-17.png
Views:	598
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1520955

Comment

I've set the log to trace, where to find json file?

Currently I see following message on the root device created by the plugin:

ExecuteAsync {NETATMO} [/api/getstationsdata?access_token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&d evice_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&get_favorites=false]: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. [response = {"error":{"code":13,"message":"Application does not have the good scope rights"}}]

Values for devices are not updated anymore.
                              It might be because I've lost contact with rain sensor and external module recently (plan to check and replace on weekend), but even in such case it shouldn't affect all readings, only from the missing devices?

Comment

Working...
                              X