Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1478607
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CanScreenshot.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1478608

Hi Alex,

I downloaded the beta 4.0.0.50. It grabbed my default location from HS4. I used Can Weather as Provider / Saved. Went back and tried a coupled of nearby Stations and Saved. Devices created were giving 404 errors. What logging would you like enabled and what can I send you. I am on HS4.1.16.0 / Windows 10.

BTW where are you grabbing the forecast data from? I know that I can get local data from Environment Canada as they have a station a few miles away. Airport code is CYDN.

Here is text from AK Weather Devices:
    Code:
    --------
    ExecuteAsync () []: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. [response =
    [B]Page Not Found (HTTP 404)[/B]

--------

Comment

Yeah, the data is from Environment and Climate Change Canada, the station data is there, it's just an error in station file name.

I'll publish fixed version soon. If you still have issues - please provide your Lat/Lon

Name:	2021-05-31 (3).png
Views:	349
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1477259

Comment

mbdirtfarmer I like your location

Ok, ver 4.0.0.51 - I fixed Station IDs - they must also include station type MAN/AUTO (i.e. CYBR-MAN). Please make sure that your selected station has that.

Also added processing for current weather codes and cloud codes. It's a real pain - there's 839 codes, never seen this before. Please keep an eye on log file for warnings and let me know if you see any.

Comment

Thanks Alex,

I updated and chose location Brandon MB (Province of Manitoba) CYBR-MAN for StationID , saved and Devices created fine. I noticed that the distances to the Stations in the StationID drop down box were off by more than a hundred km.

I did a double check on my Lat/Long Settings in Homeseer and found Lat was off by 1 degree which put me slightly off to the Western butt cheek of Canada (Province of Saskatchewan) instead of in the crack of Manitoba. After I corrected the nearby StationID showed up in the dropdown and I selected it, All is good.

So, Lat/Long is VERY important for the initial query of Stations.

Log looks clean even after updating Location Name in Plugin.

Let me know if you want me to do any further testing.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
            Thanks Alex,

I updated and chose location Brandon MB (Province of Manitoba) CYBR-MAN for StationID , saved and Devices created fine. I noticed that the distances to the Stations in the StationID drop down box were off by more than a hundred km.

I did a double check on my Lat/Long Settings in Homeseer and found Lat was off by 1 degree which put me slightly off to the Western butt cheek of Canada (Province of Saskatchewan) instead of in the crack of Manitoba. After I corrected the nearby StationID showed up in the dropdown and I selected it, All is good.

So, Lat/Long is VERY important for the initial query of Stations.

Log looks clean even after updating Location Name in Plugin.

Let me know if you want me to do any further testing.
            Yeah, updating location is complex since they don't provide and API for that, so I have to calculate list of stations within 100km from your selected coordinates. And to be sure I display the station info in the "Info" device, i.e. "Brandon CYBR/5010481 (NAV CANADA) 49.91 -99.95223"

For testing, please monitor the displayed weather info (Description) and weather code (in the Info device) when weather changes. As I said, there's 839 weather codes, but for your location I'm getting Code 125 which according to the documentation is "No present or recent weather" which is total crap. So I need to work out the weather from other fields, i.e. cloud_code, i.e. 36 = "Cloudy (5 octas)"

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Yeah, updating location is complex since they don't provide and API for that, so I have to calculate list of stations within 100km from your selected coordinates. And to be sure I display the station info in the "Info" device, i.e. "Brandon CYBR/5010481 (NAV CANADA) 49.91 -99.95223"

For testing, please monitor the displayed weather info (Description) and weather code (in the Info device) when weather changes. As I said, there's 839 weather codes, but for your location I'm getting Code 125 which according to the documentation is "No present or recent weather" which is total crap. So I need to work out the weather from other fields, i.e. cloud_code, i.e. 36 = "Cloudy (5 octas)"
              Here is the station I am monitoring. CYDN-AUTO,

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_102190.png Views:	8 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	1477368

it seems to be up and functional according to the WeatherCan App for Android. Station can go down for days. We get the extremes here from 35C in the summer to -35C in winter ( or worse).

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post

Here is the station I am monitoring. CYDN-AUTO,

it seems to be up and functional according to the WeatherCan App for Android. Station can go down for days. We get the extremes here from 35C in the summer to -35C in winter ( or worse).
                There should be more devices, did you unselect "Minimal details level"? Probably I should make it unselected by default - because nobody notices the little feature.

Name:	CanScreenshot.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1477451

Comment

Your timestamp shows "-4 h 53 m ago" which doesn't look right. I need to check converting to/from local time.

Please let me know any issues you can see.

And I'll work on adding forecast.

Comment

Your timestamp shows "-4 h 53 m ago" which doesn't look right. I need to check converting to/from local time.

Please let me know any issues you can see.

And I'll work on adding forecast.
                    We are currently Central Daylight Time for North America which should be GMT -5hr. Timestamp was 1AM at 8:06 CDT. That would be -5 ish.

I did have the minimal details selected. Forgot to unselect last time I rebuilt settings for that location.

It looks OK to me so far.

Thanks for adding support for Environment Canada and good luck with the forecast data, there is quite a pile to parse.

Comment

Is it your weather https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-58_metric_e.html?

Comment

Yes, that is the station I monitor.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.52 - Convert CanWeather timestamp to Local

Comment

Updated. Looks good. It's a gorgeous evening so I'm going to grab a cold beverage and sit outside and enjoy it before the mosquitos show up.

Comment

Great, enjoy (I mean the drink)

Comment

Working...
                              X