X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ver 4.0.0.54 - please read Note below.

1. Added 5 days forecast.
    2. Added Alerts (i.e. currently "HEAT WARNING").
    3. Use original CanWeather icons and weather codes.

Forecast uses different API - instead of the station ID (i.e. CYDN) it uses forecast site id, which may be different location from the observations station. The "Info" device will also show the site ID for troubleshooting, i.e. "Site s0000508 Manitoba".

Note: Since correct site should be selected, and also because now I use original icons and weather codes from CanWeather - I strongly recommend to delete and re-create current location.

Please test and verify. Especially timestamps for current weather, forecast and Sunset/Sunrise - as it's difficult to guess if local or UTC time is used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CanWeatherAlert.png
Views:	161
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	1478002

Comment

Please also note, the forecast has short and long strings, to select which one is used I added "Use abbreviated forecast string" setting (default Off)

Also, I added language selection setting (En/Fr)

Comment

Thanks Alex. I will delete location then update and test.

I will be in Air Conditioned comfort cause its a crazy early HEAT WAVE here in the great white north eh.

Comment

Deleted my Location.
          Updated plugin
          Added Provider Saved
          It only created the current condition devices - no alerts or forecast
          I went back in and adjusted forecast from 2 days to 3 and enabled log and saved
          still no forecast and no warnings regarding device creation in the logs

Last edited by mbdirtfarmer; June 5, 2021, 01:13 PM. Reason: -edited to delete attachments

Comment

Name:	image_102290.png
Views:	141
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	1478037

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-06-05 13_00_35-Devices.png Views:	0 Size:	394.6 KB ID:	1478038

Comment

hmm, I'll check. It doesn't seen to find forecast station...

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.55 - install updated stations mapping file

Should show the correct forecast site id. Note that the second distance (5 km) is from the observations station, not the current location. In some remote areas it can be quite big.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-06 102536.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1478123

Comment

Updated to 4.0.0.55

Initially after update, no Forecast Devices when station was CWZT-AUTO. I changed the Can_Weather station to CYDN-AUTO and Alerts and Forecast all populated.

Looks real good! Good work. I bet that was a bit of a challenge.

Comment

BTW, tested going back to CWZT-AUTO and forecast station ID stayed same and timestamp updated on forecast devices. All seems fine.

Comment

Yeah, both CWZT and CYDN use forecast site s0000508, and similar distance from your location 5564 and 5659 m.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-06 130255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	1478170

Comment

I just installed this plugin to test out. Looks great, two small quirks though:

I don't seem to be able to get the drop down list of locations that you guys are showing. Mine just says "Station list is empty" then underneath it I have a Can_Weather Station field where I can manually enter in a station. For example if I enter CPOY-AUTO, it does pull up Cypress River for me, but your previous screenshots are showing a drop down list, which I seem to be missing.

It seems hit or miss with the ° symbol. For instance:

12°C - 23 ??C, Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. High 23. UV index 6 or high.

23$%0$ Mostly Cloudy (33 m ago)

Both of those are taken from a device created by the plugin. Sometimes it properly shows the ° symbol, but more often then not it does not.

Is it possible to add multiple locations to grab weather from? When I select the "Add new location" slider, then hit save, it just overwrote my first location. Is that intended or should it be creating a second location for me?

Comment

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
                          I just installed this plugin to test out. Looks great, two small quirks though:

I don't seem to be able to get the drop down list of locations that you guys are showing. Mine just says "Station list is empty" then underneath it I have a Can_Weather Station field where I can manually enter in a station. For example if I enter CPOY-AUTO, it does pull up Cypress River for me, but your previous screenshots are showing a drop down list, which I seem to be missing.

It seems hit or miss with the ° symbol. For instance:

12°C - 23 ??C, Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. High 23. UV index 6 or high.

23$%0$ Mostly Cloudy (33 m ago)

Both of those are taken from a device created by the plugin. Sometimes it properly shows the ° symbol, but more often then not it does not.

Is it possible to add multiple locations to grab weather from? When I select the "Add new location" slider, then hit save, it just overwrote my first location. Is that intended or should it be creating a second location for me?
                          It's three separate issues in your question, so I created three separate topics for them, otherwise it will be total mess discussing them in single thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...t-of-locations
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-%C2%B0-symbol
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...b-weather-from

Comment

Frequently Precipitation or other values come back as Unknown from EnvCan. It appears to be a response to NIL, 0 or negative values. In any case is it possible to replace the string Unknown with NA (as in not available)? The image can stay the same as ? as the value is unknown.

The following is common in the log and possibly be related to the unknown value condition?
                            9-28-2021 16:35:15 AK Weather Warning [1106] Ajax-EnvCan: findd(pcpn_amt_pst24hrs) 'MSNG': Input string was not in a correct format.
                            9-28-2021 16:35:15 AK Weather Warning [1106] Ajax-EnvCan: findd(max_wnd_gst_spd_10m_pst10mts) 'MSNG': Input string was not in a correct format.

Name:	Capture - Copy.PNG
Views:	172
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1499299

Source:
                            https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-117_metric_e.html

Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.0.0 (Windows)
                            Plugins Installed=AK Weather 4.0.1.31,HS MyQ 4.0.7.0,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

You can change the text yourself if you click on the device, select Status/Graphics, then click Edit for "Unknown" row

Name:	2021-09-29 (4).png
Views:	123
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1499451

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                                You can change the text yourself if you click on the device, select Status/Graphics, then click Edit for "Unknown" row
                                Ok, I will do that. These changes survive future updates to the PI?

Comment

Working...
                                X