This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

My plugin discovers Ecowitt gateway using UDP broadcast on port 46000. I'm not sure how it works across network boundaries, probably it doesn't.

Since discovery basically finds the device IP and port and then uses it for communication - I may allow entering them manually - then it should work.

You may Google for setting your router to allow UPD broadcast on different network (if it's possible at all).

Also, you can try the different protocol:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...tocol-no-cloud
    Yes an option to specify the IP of the gateway would work great. I am absorbing the How-to for Ubiquity Edge router to add UDP broadcast relay service. From what I read it is doable but will take me some time to get up to speed on this option. My 192.168.4.xx is my IOT device VLAN and ultimately I would like have this device there but accessible from the VLAN used by Homeseer but UDP broadcast is not routed across different networks by default.

For now I reconfigured the Gateway to use the 192.168.2.xx used by Homeseer. Had a lot of of issues getting the unit to add again using the app. Initially I used the Ecowitt app from the Apple app store. The gateway shipped to me with 2.0.3 firmware. I updated it to 2.0.7. Could not get it added back with the Ecowitt app. Reading back through treads I see mention of WS View. I installed that app and again could not get the Gateway to add. Finally found WSVIew Plus in the app store and it added on the first try. Not sure but they have three different apps (Ecowitt, WS View and WSVIew Plus that seem very similar and look like they can add and setup the gateways. All are from the same developer Wei Peng. So there may be some issues depending on firmware version as to which app can add new devices.

Where can I find the BETA you posted about?

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
      Not sure but they have three different apps (Ecowitt, WS View and WSVIew Plus that seem very similar and look like they can add and setup the gateways. All are from the same developer Wei Peng. So there may be some issues depending on firmware version as to which app can add new devices.

Where can I find the BETA you posted about?
      That's because a lot of PWS are made by the same company Fine Offset Electronics HK (FOSHK) https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0

Did you try the other protocol (provider) https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ocol-no-cloud?

They both work for Ecowitt independently, so you can have two Locations with different provider - and compare which one you like netter

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-02 (3).png
Views:	181
Size:	516.8 KB
ID:	1511493

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
        Could not get it added back with the Ecowitt app. Reading back through treads I see mention of WS View. I installed that app and again could not get the Gateway to add. Finally found WSVIew Plus in the app store and it added on the first try.
        BTW, tip - when adding any IoT devices in mobile app via the device hotspot - always good idea to disable mobile data in the phone, otherwise often it becomes confused, because the hotspot doesn't provide iternet connection, so the phone decides instead to use mobile data.

Comment

I would like to get some moisture sensors for my plants both indoors and outdoors.
          I would like anyone's suggestion on the best ones to get.
          So far after a ton of reading it seems like the best one is Ecowitt Soil Sensor (WH51)
          What would be the best controller for me to get for the WH51 to talk to Homeseer 4?

I welcome anyones opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by docfxit View Post
            I would like to get some moisture sensors for my plants both indoors and outdoors.
            So far after a ton of reading it seems like the best one is Ecowitt Soil Sensor (WH51)
            What would be the best controller for me to get for the WH51 to talk to Homeseer 4?

The GW1000 series gateways. The can have up to 8 WH51.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post

The GW1000 series gateways. The can have up to 8 WH51.
              The GW1000 was updated to the GW1100. Pretty much the same, but buy the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by docfxit View Post

Ecowitt WH51 and GW1100 is the most simple and cost effective combination.

Also later you can add any other Ecowitt sensors - it's really modular and new sensors are automatically added.

Please in the future start a new thread for new questions/issues.

Comment

Can the Ecowitt HP2551-C console supplant the GW1100? Would it work standalone for comms with AKWeather?

Comment

Originally posted by McGarrett View Post
                    Can the Ecowitt HP2551-C console supplant the GW1100? Would it work standalone for comms with AKWeather?
                    It should. Just in case I will verify with Ecowitt (FOSHK).

Comment

The reply I received:
                      Yes, it can. They both work with the sensors except hp2551 needs to have one wh32 indoor t/h/p sensor as the GW1100 has these 3 sensors integrated on board. All the other sensors they can be both received and handled in parallel.

Comment

Amazing, thanks for the timely feedback.

Comment

Update

The Ecowitt HP2551-C interfaces nicely with AKWeather using AmbientWeatherLocal on port 7777. I was not able to create features / capture data using the native protocol on port 46000 except for sunrise/sunset.

As for the HP2551, it's a very nice piece of kit indeed - I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be. Can't wait to get it fully installed 🙂

Comment

I was not able to create features / capture data using the native protocol on port 46000 except for sunrise/sunset.
                            If you have time can you investigate more why native protocol is not working? Did you add HSPI_AKWeather.exe to the Firewall exception?

Sunrise/sunset devices are created by the plugin, not the provider interface (unless available form the provider).

Comment

Yes, firewall rule was in place. Logs showed an endless cycle of the following:

Name:	06-03-2022 1-44-45 AM.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1530452
                              Once I switched over to Ambient in the PI and changed the port in the 2551 to 7777 it connected immediately.

Oddly, I see what appears to be a strange port in the config page of the plugin - not sure what it implies. The redacted IP is that of the HS4 machine.

Name:	06-03-2022 1-46-15 AM.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1530453

Comment

Port 7777 is where HS server (the plugin) is listening for messages from Ecowitt, but the port you see at the bottom of config screen is where the plugin sends messages (Ecowitt device)

Name:	comm1.png
Views:	162
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1530455

Comment

Working...
                                X