Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexbk66 I think I see where I am confused. I created Ambient Weather Local and then I tried to create Ecowitt. I am now seeing that the info under AW Local contains the child devices from the Ecowitt Gateway also! So I am seeing the info from my PWS as well as the info for the Ecowitt Gateway all under the Ambient Weather Local selection.

That is why trying to create a second new location as just Ecowitt was throwing an error, I think.

So why does the location AW Local also contain Ecowitt? That is where I am confused.

Comment

alexbk66 I have one other question for you. I created an event for lightning distance. The value for the distance is displayed at 11 miles. When I have it read the following:

warning <silence mSec='700' /> lightning has been detected at $$DVA:311003ce63.lightning_dist: miles away

It reads out this number: 10.5633365230467 miles away! Wow, It needs to take a breath after that! Any way to get it to just speak the value displayed? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
        alexbk66 I have one other question for you. I created an event for lightning distance. The value for the distance is displayed at 11 miles. When I have it read the following:

warning <silence mSec='700' /> lightning has been detected at $$DVA:311003ce63.lightning_dist: miles away

It reads out this number: 10.5633365230467 miles away! Wow, It needs to take a breath after that! Any way to get it to just speak the value displayed? thanks
        Use $$DSA instead of $$DVA

Comment

alexbk66 I think I see where I am confused. I created Ambient Weather Local and then I tried to create Ecowitt. I am now seeing that the info under AW Local contains the child devices from the Ecowitt Gateway also! So I am seeing the info from my PWS as well as the info for the Ecowitt Gateway all under the Ambient Weather Local selection.

That is why trying to create a second new location as just Ecowitt was throwing an error, I think.

So why does the location AW Local also contain Ecowitt? That is where I am confused.
          Can you provide details of your PWS setup? What do you mean by "info from my PWS as well as the info for the Ecowitt Gateway"? AW Local uses same protocol as Ecowitt GW1000 - they are clones made by Fine Offset (FOSHK). Do you have two PWS?

Comment

Can you provide details of your PWS setup?
            I use the WS View app and it brings in the child devices from both the WS-2902A PWS and the GW1000 Gateway. So when I set up AW Local it brought in everything from the WS View app for both. See pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	161
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	1485439Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.png
Views:	150
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	1485440

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Use $$DSA instead of $$DVA
              That was the fix, thanks. Any chance you could change the speech to say miles instead of mile? Chance of 1 mile is a little more rare than 2 or higher. Or maybe there is a way to have the PI distinguish between a 1 and 2 or more. Not sure it can be done.

Comment

I use the WS View app and it brings in the child devices from both the WS-2902A PWS and the GW1000 Gateway. So when I set up AW Local it brought in everything from the WS View app for both. See pics.
                If you have two PWS interfaces for "AW Local" you need to set different ports for each device https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...tocol-no-cloud

Ecowitt provider currently supports only one GW1000, but if necessary I can modify the code to support multiple devices.

Comment

If you have two PWS interfaces for "AW Local" you need to set different ports for each device https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...tocol-no-cloud

Ecowitt provider currently supports only one GW1000, but if necessary I can modify the code to support multiple devices.
                  I don't know how to explain this. I have a ecowitt gateway that connects to the app WS View. That app also picks up the devices from my Ambient Weather PWS. Because you said that the same company uses similar code for each then there in lies the issue. There seems to be a problem distinguishing between the PWS and the Ecowitt gateway. Tomorrow I am going to shut down the PWS to see what changes.

Comment

I don't know how to explain this. I have a ecowitt gateway that connects to the app WS View. That app also picks up the devices from my Ambient Weather PWS. Because you said that the same company uses similar code for each then there in lies the issue. There seems to be a problem distinguishing between the PWS and the Ecowitt gateway. Tomorrow I am going to shut down the PWS to see what changes.
                    As I said:

Comment

Any chance you could change the speech to say miles instead of mile? Chance of 1 mile is a little more rare than 2 or higher. Or maybe there is a way to have the PI distinguish between a 1 and 2 or more. Not sure it can be done.
                      In the next version.

Comment

I guess I can try once more but not sure how to describe. The first pic as you can see there is only one location.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1485539
                        The following 2 pics are the child devices (same as post above) produced from this one location, AW Local.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.png Views:	0 Size:	136.0 KB ID:	1485540Click image for larger version  Name:	pic3.png Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	1485541

As you can see the list contains both the child devices from the PWS and the Ecowitt gateway.

If I create a new location and select Ecowitt and change the port (in the app) to say 7780 (leaving AW Local as is at 7777) the PI creates an identical set of child devices as the first location. The PI can't separate the PWS devices from the Ecowitt devices, just combining them, because the WS View app is picking up both the pws and ecowitt devices at the same time.

Comment

If I create a new location and select Ecowitt and change the port (in the app) to say 7780 (leaving AW Local as is at 7777) the PI creates an identical set of child devices as the first location. The PI can't separate the PWS devices from the Ecowitt devices, just combining them, because the WS View app is picking up both the pws and ecowitt devices at the same time.
                          Ecowitt doesn't have the port setting, can you post the screenshot please.

Comment

[EDIT]

And log could help too

Comment

The WS View phone app has the port setting.

Comment

What is it you need for a screen shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X