Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AmbientWeather and Ecowitt - Local protocol (no Cloud)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowinger
    Sorry I always forget. Here is the log. In addition to the battery devices above there are also the items in red and it is the soil moisture sensor which reads 72%, should be 100%, (it is in water to top of sensor) and battery shows 0.
    You are using "Ecowitt" provider, not AmbientWeather, so it is the wrong thread. If not sure - it's always safer to start a new thread, instead of messing up wrong thread.

Also, I appreciate when users do at least some preliminary troubleshooting - I have no idea what's happening if I don't have any info.
    For example - if your soil moisture reading is wrong - how can I troubleshoot if I don't know what provider you are using, what value it shows in the mobile app (or online, i.e. ecowitt.net) and you don't provide logs? I'm not a psychic medium, unfortunately. If mobile app also shows 72% - then it's really an issue with the sensor or Ecowitt FW. If it does show 100% - then I need to troubleshoot the plugin Ecowitt comms protocol, so at least I need to know which provider you are using and what's in the logs.

I have 15 plugins to support (plus HS3 versions) - so please appreciate how much time I waste asking every time to provide logs and asking obvious questions.

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...1000-questions

Comment

Apologies if this was covered previously but I read the entire thread and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have an Ambient Weather 1550IP. I use the ObserverIP due to the distance between the weather station and my house. Does your plugin work for the ObserverIP?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlesw72 View Post
          Apologies if this was covered previously but I read the entire thread and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have an Ambient Weather 1550IP. I use the ObserverIP due to the distance between the weather station and my house. Does your plugin work for the ObserverIP?
          Don't think so. I asked Fine Offset (the manufacturer) about ObserverIP API. Also will Google...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlesw72 View Post
            Received reply from FOSHK:

ObserverIP is quite outdated, and there is no API but hook up on the webpage for data parsing. We don’t have a dedicated api for this purpose.

Comment

Hi Alex - I just got a WS-2000, and I've gotta say that you've outdone yourself with this plug-in!

I saw "Feels Like" temperature mentioned a couple of times early in this thread. Your PI doesn't create a device for it, but it does appear on the WS-2000 screen.

Is it not accessible in Ambient's datastream?

I've been pulling it from the closest NOAA station, but it's very different than what the WS-2000 shows.

If there's a way to add it to your devices it would be appreciated. If not, then NOAA it is... or maybe I'll try one of those convoluted formulas to calculated it myself

EDIT: Never mind - Feelslike and Dewpoint just added themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
                Hi Alex - I just got a WS-2000, and I've gotta say that you've outdone yourself with this plug-in!

I saw "Feels Like" temperature mentioned a couple of times early in this thread. Your PI doesn't create a device for it, but it does appear on the WS-2000 screen.

Is it not accessible in Ambient's datastream?

I've been pulling it from the closest NOAA station, but it's very different than what the WS-2000 shows.

If there's a way to add it to your devices it would be appreciated. If not, then NOAA it is... or maybe I'll try one of those convoluted formulas to calculated it myself

EDIT: Never mind - Feelslike and Dewpoint just added themselves!
                Yeah, I create HS devices only when data is available.

With feelslike and dewpoint - even if they are not available from the provider - I calculate them in the plugin. But calculations may me wrong, it's pretty complex, especially feelslike. Let me know if you see any issues. Also, if you enable Log for the Location - I log the calculations, so you can check.

I suggest trying the latest "Ecowitt New" provider - see if it works with AW devices.

Comment

Hey alexbk66. Happy New Year! I have a small change request for you. For my Ambient Weather station (Local). Specifically using Precipitation Hr. Can you please change the label in status so it reads: "in/hr"? Currently it just reads "in" and using the old feature before you split them I had "in/hr". See attached for reference. Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
                    Hey alexbk66. Happy New Year! I have a small change request for you. For my Ambient Weather station (Local). Specifically using Precipitation Hr. Can you please change the label in status so it reads: "in/hr"? Currently it just reads "in" and using the old feature before you split them I had "in/hr". See attached for reference. Thanks!
                    I can change it, but the definition of just "Precipitation" is "in/hr" (rate), but other values (i.e. hr, day, week, month, etc) are just "in". I get that if it's "in" in one hr, then it could be "in/hr", but then it will be inconsistent with other readings.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I can change it, but the definition of just "Precipitation" is "in/hr" (rate), but other values (i.e. hr, day, week, month, etc) are just "in". I get that if it's "in" in one hr, then it could be "in/hr", but then it will be inconsistent with other readings.
                      But this device is "Precipitation Hr" not "Precipitation". Before you made the feature change it was reading as in/hr, also this will match what is coming in from the Ambient Weather Station - it is reading "Precipitation Hr" as in/hr.

Comment

I had to think about this myself. I think it's more clearer (to me) like this...

Precipitation Rate >>> 0.12 in/Hr

Click image for larger version  Name:	precipHrSS1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.6 KB ID:	1585920
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	precipHrSS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	1585895

Precipitation Hr to me kinda means in the current Hr (which we have), this was the precip during the hour. Precipitation Rate could be 5.0 in/hr for 5 minutes but the Hourly total could be like 1.2 in...

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
                          I had to think about this myself. I think it's more clearer (to me) like this...

Precipitation Rate >>> 0.12 in/Hr

Precipitation Hr to me kinda means in the current Hr (which we have), this was the precip during the hour. Precipitation Rate could be 5.0 in/hr for 5 minutes but the Hourly total could be like 1.2 in...
                          I'm not sure what weather station you have, but my Ambient Weather station doesn't have a feature "Precipitation Rate". I use to use "Precipitation" which was the equivalent of "Rain Rate". Now, "Precipitation Hr" appears to be the equivalent to "Rain Rate". During our last rain this week (which was a doozy) the numbers were always in sync between "Rain Rate" in Ambient Weather and "Precipitation Hr" in the HomeSeer plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
                            I'm not sure what weather station you have, but my Ambient Weather station doesn't have a feature "Precipitation Rate".
                            Sorry, Ecowitt PWS but my HS "label" was Precipitation Hr before I changed it to Precipitation Rate manually after reading your request. Made more sense to me.

I updated my screenshot with the manual changes I made for example only for clarification. I think both AW and Ecowitt are similar here.

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post

Sorry, Ecowitt PWS but my HS "label" was Precipitation Hr before I changed it to Precipitation Rate manually after reading your request. Made more sense to me.

I updated my screenshot with the manual changes I made for example only for clarification. I think both AW and Ecowitt are similar here.
                              No worries. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense.

Comment

And BTW, there's a difference between RAINRATE (current rain speed) and RAINHOUR (accumulated amount for the las hour) - which doesn't even mean that it's currently raining.

So I guess the issue you have that you don't get RAINRATE.

[EDIT]

I removed the previous post about the binary protocol as it was about the other Ecowitt protocol https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...icial-protocol

begunfx this protocol is not binary, so it's safer. But we discussed it already here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ntweatherlocal

According to your log - you don't get "rainratein" which I need to check with FOSKH.

P.S. Please continue in the other thread, not here.

Comment

Working...
                                X