Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AmbientWeather and Ecowitt - Local protocol (no Cloud)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded the latest version 4.0.0.73 and deleted my old device so to start from scratch. The PI created the Parent Device and CTRL, Sunrise, Sunset. No other devices were created. The log shows it is receiving the data from the WS-2000 Console
    ​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_103201.png
Views:	164
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	1483773

Comment

I'm away from home until August, so I can't test my changes. Please use the release version .69 for now. I'll try to fix the issue.

Comment

jim@beersman.com can you also copy the log as text, not screenshot, please

Comment

Hmm, if the log shows data - it should create devices, I can't see any issues...

Do you have "Minimal details level" enabled?

Comment

No, minimal details in not enabled. Looks like I sent the text log file to the wrong thread, will include here. I upgraded to the latest version 4.0.0.75 still no devices created.

4_0_0_75.txt

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
              No, minimal details in not enabled. Looks like I sent the text log file to the wrong thread, will include here. I upgraded to the latest version 4.0.0.75 still no devices created.

[ATTACH]n1483888[/ATTACH]
              Thanks Jim. I deleted the other post.

I really need the GW1000 then to test. Works for me with the test data. And I can't see the difference between test and real data. Will check as soon as I get home.

Comment

If I turn on Trace will that help? Does it write trace to a file and if so where?

Comment

I can reproduce the problem with your data, so should be able to fix it soon.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.77 - AmbientWeater (Local) initialisation fix.

Looks like some timing issue - works in Debug mode, but not Release. I made some initialisation improvements. If still devices are not created, try "POLL" button after you see the data in Log.
                    Let me know how it goes.

Comment

alexbk66, Installed 4.0.0.77 and delete old setup to start fresh. After added new location for AmbientWeather Local it still did not create devices. I turned the PI off and back on and then it created most devices.

Precipitation with Zero value was created so that is good
                      Lightning information did not create devices but have not had any lightning for several days. Have to wait until we get the next storm which could be this weekend.

Devices not Created but in the Data stream
                      aqi_pm25_in
                      aqi_pm25_in_24h
                      pm25_in
                      pm25_in_24h
                      solarradiation
                      maxdailygust
                      yearlyrainin

I turned on the Show Air Quality Index and those devices were created. However, it is showing Temperature is 24 F, which is not correct. It would be 24 Celsius and should then be converted to Fahrenheit.

Pressure in the AQI section is also not shown in the same unit of measure as it is in the Ambient Weather Station.

Comment

alexbk66, Installed 4.0.0.77 and delete old setup to start fresh. After added new location for AmbientWeather Local it still did not create devices. I turned the PI off and back on and then it created most devices.

Precipitation with Zero value was created so that is good
                        Lightning information did not create devices but have not had any lightning for several days. Have to wait until we get the next storm which could be this weekend.

Devices not Created but in the Data stream
                        aqi_pm25_in
                        aqi_pm25_in_24h
                        pm25_in
                        pm25_in_24h
                        solarradiation
                        maxdailygust
                        yearlyrainin
                        The devices may be created with delay because the plugin is in slave (listening) mode, so it's waiting for the gateway to broadcast the data. That's why I asked you to try "POLL" button after you see the data in the Log. I will check when I have my GW1000...

I don't think I create maxdailygust, and definitely not yearlyrainin (I don't think it's of any interest). I'll check other devices.

In your data you have internal and external temperature:

tempinf=75.2
                        tempf=86.7

and plugin shouldn't convert the temperature if you set in HS temperature units to F. Do you have both devices Temperature and Temperature In?

Comment

I turned on the Show Air Quality Index and those devices were created. However, it is showing Temperature is 24 F, which is not correct. It would be 24 Celsius and should then be converted to Fahrenheit.

Pressure in the AQI section is also not shown in the same unit of measure as it is in the Ambient Weather Station.
                          "Show Air Quality Index" is for getting AQI from World Air Quality Index project, configured on AKWeather main Settings page. It should create different devices.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-quality-index

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...nt#post1470239

Comment

The temperature from my local Ambient Weather are showing correctly. It's the Temperature from the Show Air Quality Index devices that are wrong.

Yes, I know that Show Air Quality Index is pulling it's data from another source. And it did create the different devices but the Unit of Measure for Temperature are wrong it shows 24 F which is not correct it's 24 degrees Celsius but we use Fahrenheit here so your plugin would need to convert that value it's receiving and apply the correct unit of measure.

As for Yearly Rain and maxdailygust I do find that information useful.

Comment

The temperature from my local Ambient Weather are showing correctly. It's the Temperature from the Show Air Quality Index devices that are wrong.

Yes, I know that Show Air Quality Index is pulling it's data from another source. And it did create the different devices but the Unit of Measure for Temperature are wrong it shows 24 F which is not correct it's 24 degrees Celsius but we use Fahrenheit here so your plugin would need to convert that value it's receiving and apply the correct unit of measure.

As for Yearly Rain and maxdailygust I do find that information useful.
                              OK, thanks

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.79 - AQI units conversion; Added Annual rain, Max Gust; AW Local improve intial devices creation

[EDIT]

Max daily gust doesn't have units (maxdailygust = 8.1) - I only assume it's also mph like other wind readings

Comment

Working...
                                X