X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherFlow Tempest (BETA)

Originally posted by jameseoconnor View Post
    I would be happy to do testing.

fyi - I have uploaded data from my Tempest PWS to Wunderground then pull from Wunderground into AKWeather.
    Ver 4.0.0.73 - started very preliminary WeatherFlow Tempest support. Implemented only local listener, just a few values (temp, press, hum, wind). Only single station. No units convesrion.

Please add new Location, select Weatherflow provider, enable Log. Not sure how fast the PWS reports the values, so might need to wait awhile for devices to be ctreated.

jameseoconnor - did you want to test the Tempest local inplementation?

Comment

I installed 4.0.0.73 and added new location with “weatherflow” as provider. Did not enter api key. Then saved. That was a couple of days ago. No device created other than those shown on attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B52C66EF-1B3F-40F6-A5CC-59A0CF0729B6.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1484505 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I installed 4.0.0.73 and added new location with “weatherflow” as provider. Did not enter api key. Then saved. That was a couple of days ago. No device created other than those shown on attached.
        Can you please enable Log for this Location and check the log.

By "need to wait awhile" I didn't mean a couple of days

Comment

Can you please enable Log for this Location and check the log.

Comment

Done. I am not sure where the log is stored. Here are AK entries from main HS log:

Code:
            7/20/2021 7:13:52 PM AK Weather Info [4045] WxLocal: ProviderType: WeatherFlow (id 310fc86af1)
            7/20/2021 7:13:48 PM AK Weather Info 7/20/2021 7:13:48 PM AK Weather ver. 4.0.0.77 (4.0.1.49)
            7/20/2021 7:07:48 PM AK Weather Info [4045] WxLocal: ProviderType: WeatherFlow (id 310fc86af1)
            7/20/2021 7:07:44 PM AK Weather Info 7/20/2021 7:07:44 PM AK Weather ver. 4.0.0.77 (4.0.1.49)
            attached is capture from text box and devices created.

NOTE: WXLocal was station name

What else would be helpful?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_103473.png Views:	8 Size:	202.6 KB ID:	1485700
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_103474.png Views:	0 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	1485760

Comment

Thank you James, yeah, I mean HS log. But no useful info at all. I'll add more logging.

Comment

Can we add a local Tempest yet? Just installed 4.0.0.96 about 20 minutes ago and selected Weatherflow as provider. Don't see anything happening as of yet but will check back later today

Comment

Originally posted by wlh2 View Post
                  Can we add a local Tempest yet? Just installed 4.0.0.96 about 20 minutes ago and selected Weatherflow as provider. Don't see anything happening as of yet but will check back later today
                  Sure, I need to finish AerisWeather (PWSweather), then I'll work on Tempest (and Davis Instruments too). Problem is - I don't own the devices, so i'ts a bit more difficult, and need testers.

Comment

I'd test the local Tempest for you. Just lmk.

Comment

Hey alexbk66 I just saw this and see that you are developing a Tempest plugin! I'm currently using another Tempest plugin, "WeatherFlow" but it doesn't have the forecast built into it. Are you planning to add weather forecast devices into your plugin? I'm currently using weatherXML for my weather forecast but it won't be supported any longer and I'm dependent on it for my HVAC automation....so I'm a bit nervous that it could go down any day as Dark Sky will soon be taken off line.

Here is the link to the Tempest Forecast API:
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                        Hey alexbk66 I just saw this and see that you are developing a Tempest plugin!
                        It's not a separate plugin, I'm adding many providers to my AKWeather plugin. I have now more that 20 implemented. So you can "mix and match" for the same location try different providers.

Name:	2021-08-07 (1).png
Views:	242
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	1488136

Comment

Originally posted by wlh2 View Post
                          I'd test the local Tempest for you. Just lmk.
                          Thank you

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.63 (BETA) - Weatherflow Remote API including forecast (up to 10 days)

For remote API you need to obtain an API key from https://tempestwx.com/settings/tokens

I'm not sure exactly how to obtain the key, I will investigate further.

And I'm also implementing Local API as well.

Name:	WeatherFlow Remote Current.png
Views:	207
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1505680

Name:	WeatherFlow Forecast.png
Views:	193
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1505681

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                              I'm not sure exactly how to obtain the key, I will investigate further.
                              I think this is how:

On the link above, sign in and go to Settings (top right), scroll down to Data Authorizations (in the More section), click Create Token button.

Comment

Working...
                              X