Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like I can add heat_index, pm_2p5, pm_10.

What's pct_pm?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Thanks Tim.

Question - what else in you opinion I should add?

Apart from WLL...
      I honestly believe that you have added more than enough and you are definitely adding significant ROI for a single Plug In.
      The WLL and Airlink would be it my opinion and then let it ride and see if there is a ground swell or requests.
      The core direction IMHO would be focused on local devices such as you have with the Ambient, and Ecowitt which then can be embedded into real life home automation use case and used to automate other events.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
        I honestly believe that you have added more than enough and you are definitely adding significant ROI for a single Plug In.
        The WLL and Airlink would be it my opinion and then let it ride and see if there is a ground swell or requests.
        The core direction IMHO would be focused on local devices such as you have with the Ambient, and Ecowitt which then can be embedded into real life home automation use case and used to automate other events.
        Yeah, I agree that local devices add more value to the plugin.

I also support Netatmo, Meteobridge, and working on WeatherFlow Tempest and Davis. But it's a bit more difficult to test since I don't own the devices.
        I have only Ecowitt PWS (full set except WN34L).

Comment

What's pct_pm?
          pct_* are used to indicate that this represent data used for averaging and not required. Back to your point in other threads, minimal data sets and not data for the sake of it.,

Another DAVIS API for Airlink
          https://weatherlink.github.io/airlink-local-api/

Comment

brientim - ver 4.0.1.17 I added pm_2p5, pm_10 (untested). Looks like heat_index should be already available (and wind_chill).

Let me know any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              There is really only 2-3 Davis wireless non console devices that work with the Davis wireless weather station.

The original Davis console also functions as a repeater to another Davis console and only has an AUX serial port on it.

1 - WLL Davis Weather Link Live 6100. It functions as a hub of up to 8 transmitters (Davis Weather stations or wireless sensors)
              2 - Davis Airlink is an air quality monitor which transmits on one channel. It is not a Davis weather console rather it is a wireless Davis air quality monitor that connects to a console.
              3 - Davis Weather Envoy - is a Wireless console that connects to your PC via a USB port and can function as a repeater to other Davis consoles.

The original Davis Console serial cable was reverse engineered and many 3rd parties sold it. I purchased my first one from Ireland and the second and third one from Australia.

The WiFi Logger 2 is a serial device with a WiFi chip on it and an OS (web browser et al) using an Ardunio. It is a miniature marvel but it needs to have a serial connection to the Davis console to work.

The Meteostick is another miniature marvel that works independent of the Davis console. It is basic with what it receives from the ISS and pushes out via a serial port in three ways. (4)

Meteostick can provide data output in three formats.
              • Per „o0“ output as raw data (8 bytes) is selected.
              • „o1“ presents data as computed values separated by blanks.
              • „o2“ shows data in human readable text.
              • “o3” shows data like “o0” but all received 10 bytes

BUT it loses the configuration if you unplug it.

The Meteohub is a replacement for the console written in OpenWRT OS.

So related to Davis Hardware most folks utilize the Davis buffered serial cable to their consoles or are purchasing the WLL for new installations.

3rd parties provided customized (and better) buffered serial cables, serial WiFi logger with OS and miniature console on a stick.

And now today folks are reverse engineering using SDRs and software.

It all started here many many years ago. (2014)

It's science, but it works like magic.

Before Davis gave out the recipes (APIs) for their secret sauce.
              I am going to go with Pete's suggestion for a new install. I am going to use the Davis (6100) WLL. There are a few good reasons to do so,
              1. There is no cost-benefit for a 3rd party solution. (I found the 6100 for as low as $175.)
              2. No dependence on the Davis Console to acquire data, (and required cabling, serial adapters, etc)
              3. No dependence on a USB port (and computer) to acquire data,
              4. No dependence on a 3rd party solution or finger-pointing if Davis tech support is needed or if Davis changes their API.
              I hope my assumptions are correct?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

I am going to go with Pete's suggestion for a new install. I am going to use the Davis (6100) WLL. There are a few good reasons to do so,
                1. There is no cost-benefit for a 3rd party solution. (I found the 6100 for as low as $175.)
                2. No dependence on the Davis Console to acquire data, (and required cabling, serial adapters, etc)
                3. No dependence on a USB port (and computer) to acquire data,
                4. No dependence on a 3rd party solution or finger-pointing if Davis tech support is needed or if Davis changes their API.
                I hope my assumptions are correct?
                The above is correct and in this use case it is relevant but no need for a computer to process data. Not relevant as you have HS4, but I do suggest 3rd party software such as CumulusMX, Weather Displays to name just 2, to capture data locally or to push to 3rd party weather service providers

The WLL also has battery backup and internal memory and can run disconnected or comms interrupted with loss of data integrity. It then pushed data to Weatherlink.com when services restored.

I do use 3rd as well for two reasons:
                1. They have been the driver for innovation and ahead of the curve for delivery of improvement and capabilities.

2. integration with other instruments.

I also have metrobridgePI as this enables integration of multiple station and sensors for various vendors.

Expanding or adding any Davis sensors are expensive and there are cheaper and very good alternatives.

Point 2 is now also for most part, other than building a weather dashboard, can be performed in HS4 using AK Weather.

FYI. You do not need to upgrade the WL.com account

Comment

brientim - ver 4.0.1.17 I added pm_2p5, pm_10 (untested). Looks like heat_index should be already available (and wind_chill).

Let me know any issues.

WRT ti the Weatherlink V2 API, the "data_structure_type":nn determines the dataset and in the scenario, this is "data_structure_type":16 Airlink Current Conditions Record which is the same local Airlink API http://<WeatherLink_IP>/v1/current_conditions. "--" Not required for min data set and the Airlink Health Record "data_structure_type":18 not required

Code:
                  {
                  "sensors":[
                  {
                  "lsid":3.....,
                  "data":[
                  {
                  "hum":82.4,
                  -- "pm_10_3_hour":11.588649,
                  -- "pm_10_24_hour":12.6041 95,
                  --"pm_2p5_1_hour":8.806256,
                  "aqi_nowcast_val":42,
                  "aqi_type":"Australia NEPM AQI",
                  "heat_index":42.9,
                  -- "pm_2p5_nowcast":10.5957365,
                  --"pm_2p5_2 4_hour":11.210443,
                  "pm_1":3.5797102,
                  --"pct_pm_data_nowcast":100,
                  --"pct_pm_data_24_hour":100,
                  "wet_bulb":40.5,
                  "aqi_val":15,
                  "aqi _desc":"Very Good",
                  "temp":43.1,
                  -- "pm_2p5_3_hour":10.257337,
                  -- "pct_pm_data_3_h our":100,
                  "last_report_time":1631821500,
                  --"aqi_nowcast_desc":"Good",
                  --"aqi_1_hour_val":35,
                  --"pm_10_nowcast":11.969684,
                  -- "aqi_1_ho ur_desc":"Good",
                  --"pm_10_1_hour":10.120999,
                  "dew_point":38.1,
                  "pm_10":3.8115942,
                  -- "pct_pm_data_1_hour":100,
                  "ts":1631821500,
                  "pm _2p5":3.8115942
                  }
                  ],
                  "sensor_type":323,
                  [B]"data_structure_type":16[/B]
                  },
                  {
                  "lsid":3----,
                  "data":[
                  {
                  "wifi_rssi":-71,
                  "network_error":null,
                  "ip_v4_gateway":"192......",
                  "inter nal_free_mem_chunk_size":46716,
                  "record_backlog_count":0,
                  "firmware_version":1603306935,
                  "rx_packets":4556,
                  "internal_used_m em":126264,
                  "application_sha":"a3000a28",
                  "packet_errors":0,
                  "inter nal_free_mem":87092,
                  "dropped_packets":5474,
                  "local_api_querie s":55376,
                  "link_uptime":410855,
                  "total_used_mem":760620,
                  "healt h_version":2,
                  "ip_address_type":1,
                  "record_write_count":1825,
                  " application_version":"v1.0.4",
                  "tx_packets":65473,
                  "ip_v4_netm ask":"255.2,,,",
                  "uptime":410858,
                  "internal_free_mem_wate rmark":66372,
                  "ip_v4_address":"192.1,,,,",
                  "bootloader_vers ion":527991452,
                  "total_free_mem":1180452,
                  "dns_type_used":null,
                  "ts":1631821500,
                  "record_stored_count":1825
                  }
                  ],
                  "sensor_type":506,
                  "data_structure_type":18

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_105093.png Views:	12 Size:	292.3 KB ID:	1496386

Comment

The above is correct and in this use case it is relevant but no need for a computer to process data. Not relevant as you have HS4, but I do suggest 3rd party software such as CumulusMX, Weather Displays to name just 2, to capture data locally or to push to 3rd party weather service providers

The WLL also has battery backup and internal memory and can run disconnected or comms interrupted with loss of data integrity. It then pushed data to Weatherlink.com when services restored.

I do use 3rd as well for two reasons:
                    1. They have been the driver for innovation and ahead of the curve for delivery of improvement and capabilities.

2. integration with other instruments.

I also have metrobridgePI as this enables integration of multiple station and sensors for various vendors.

Expanding or adding any Davis sensors are expensive and there are cheaper and very good alternatives.

Point 2 is now also for most part, other than building a weather dashboard, can be performed in HS4 using AK Weather.

FYI. You do not need to upgrade the WL.com account
                    "Point 2 is now also for most part, other than building a weather dashboard, can be performed in HS4 using AK Weather." I'm looking to the Davis solution so that I'll always be able to get data even if HS is down. However, I'm interested to hear more about "...integration of.. sensors from various vendors."

Pete showed me some of his Cumulus pages. I am going to check it out.

Thanks for your advice and comments!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

"Point 2 is now also for most part, other than building a weather dashboard, can be performed in HS4 using AK Weather." I'm looking to the Davis solution so that I'll always be able to get data even if HS is down. However, I'm interested to hear more about "...integration of.. sensors from various vendors."

Pete showed me some of his Cumulus pages. I am going to check it out.

Thanks for your advice and comments!
                      An example use case is temp&humidly (T&H) or leaf and wetness (L&W) sensor.
                      Davis ...
                      does not have the ability to add additional internal T&H sensor.
                      Add on external T&H or L&W sensors and ISS are available and they are expensive but the WLL will enable the pick up and uploaded to WL.com
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...icial-protocol
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...tocol-no-cloud
                      Option:
                      Use another brands such as Ecowitt and Ambient Weather that have reality cheap and reliable sensors that can be used and integrated with Homeseer given you more flexibility and options.

Davis does not have a lightning sensor, whereby Ecowitt, Ambient Weather and other brands do and can be included using the PI.

CumulusMX, Weather Display and Meteobridge Pi and other system shave even added the ability to add multiple station and sensor for the same reasons.
                      So you may find yourself want to add extra data points and sensor and HS4 along with the various plugins also you to orchestrate the integration

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_105101.png Views:	0 Size:	219.1 KB ID:	1496468

Comment

Do you have Metrobridge? Did you try my Metrobridge provider?

Comment

Do you have Metrobridge? Did you try my Metrobridge provider?
                          Alex, I am and provided previously provided feedback that it is working very well....
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...03#post1496203

Comment

Alex, I am and provided previously provided feedback that it is working very well....
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...03#post1496203
                            Ah, thank you Tim. I'm lost in the number of providers I support

[EDIT]
                            I know why I missed it - you posted in Davis WeatherLink thread, not Meteobridge https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...84-meteobridge

Comment

Ah, thank you Tim. I'm lost in the number of providers I support
                              I really don't understand why, how many is it.... lol 😂

Comment

I really don't understand why, how many is it.... lol 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X