Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you by chance have the NOAA Weather Buoys (NDBC) available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you by chance have the NOAA Weather Buoys (NDBC) available?

Originally posted by niewski View Post
    Alex - thanks for the killer support! The marine forecasts are working awesome!

Do you by chance have the NOAA Weather Buoys available? https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_pa...?station=45196
    I just found this - https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/rt_data_access.shtml and https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/docs/ndbc_web_data_guide.pdf
    Yes, this should work, when I have time.

I need to finish Davis Instruments WeatherLink, then I will add NDBC

Click image for larger version  Name:	National Data Buoy Center.png Views:	63 Size:	333.5 KB ID:	1487018

Ver 4.0.0.94 - Added NOAA-NDBC (National Data Buoy Center)

Click image for larger version  Name:	NDBC.jpg Views:	30 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	1487333

Comment

You are amazing.

I got my 2 buoys up and running.

I noticed that the wave heights on the NOAA page are displayed in FT. In the plugins, I'm having them shown in M. What can I do to change it to ft?

Thanks

Comment

I noticed that the wave heights on the NOAA page are displayed in FT. In the plugins, I'm having them shown in M. What can I do to change it to ft?
        For units I use HS temperature setting (C/F), what's your set to?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 093852.png
Views:	38
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1501789

Comment

There's some inconsistency in the API - wave heights are in meters, but tides - in FT. I'll fix it.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 095842.png
Views:	31
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1501795

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

For units I use HS temperature setting (C/F), what's your set to?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-11_21-56-17.png Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	1501836

Comment

There's some inconsistency in the API - wave heights are in meters, but tides - in FT. I'll fix it.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 095842.png
Views:	31
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1501795
              Thanks! You know the Americans... Unfortunately, we struggle with a system based on base 10!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-11_21-56-17.png Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	1501836
                Yeah, as I said, I need to convert from 'm' to 'ft' - I wasn't sure if it's a mistake in the documentation, apparaently not

Comment

Yeah, as I said, I need to convert from 'm' to 'ft' - I wasn't sure if it's a mistake in the documentation, apparaently not
                  Understood. Just put it there in case it would aid you in troubleshooting / confirmation. Thanks!

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.39 - NOAA-NDBC (National Data Buoy Center) units for tides and wave height

Comment

Working...
                    X