Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOAA Weather Buoys (NDBC) available?

Originally posted by niewski View Post
    Alex - thanks for the killer support! The marine forecasts are working awesome!

Do you by chance have the NOAA Weather Buoys available? https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_pa...?station=45196
    I just found this - https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/rt_data_access.shtml and https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/docs/ndbc_web_data_guide.pdf
    Yes, this should work, when I have time.

I need to finish Davis Instruments WeatherLink, then I will add NDBC

Click image for larger version  Name:	National Data Buoy Center.png Views:	63 Size:	333.5 KB ID:	1487018

Ver 4.0.0.94 - Added NOAA-NDBC (National Data Buoy Center)

Click image for larger version  Name:	NDBC.jpg Views:	30 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	1487333

Comment

You are amazing.

I got my 2 buoys up and running.

I noticed that the wave heights on the NOAA page are displayed in FT. In the plugins, I'm having them shown in M. What can I do to change it to ft?

Thanks

Comment

I noticed that the wave heights on the NOAA page are displayed in FT. In the plugins, I'm having them shown in M. What can I do to change it to ft?
        For units I use HS temperature setting (C/F), what's your set to?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 093852.png
Views:	162
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1501789

Comment

There's some inconsistency in the API - wave heights are in meters, but tides - in FT. I'll fix it.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 095842.png
Views:	158
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1501795

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

For units I use HS temperature setting (C/F), what's your set to?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-11_21-56-17.png Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	1501836

Comment

There's some inconsistency in the API - wave heights are in meters, but tides - in FT. I'll fix it.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-12 095842.png
Views:	158
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1501795
              Thanks! You know the Americans... Unfortunately, we struggle with a system based on base 10!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-11_21-56-17.png Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	1501836
                Yeah, as I said, I need to convert from 'm' to 'ft' - I wasn't sure if it's a mistake in the documentation, apparaently not

Comment

Yeah, as I said, I need to convert from 'm' to 'ft' - I wasn't sure if it's a mistake in the documentation, apparaently not
                  Understood. Just put it there in case it would aid you in troubleshooting / confirmation. Thanks!

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.39 - NOAA-NDBC (National Data Buoy Center) units for tides and wave height

Comment

I just entered three buoys near me, thank you! I'm missing some data so I turned on log for all three. Where will these logs be located?

Comment

Also wondering if wind speed can be in kts which is how it is natively displayed on the NDBC site for me in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          I just entered three buoys near me, thank you! I'm missing some data so I turned on log for all three. Where will these logs be located?
                          Also wondering if wind speed can be in kts which is how it is natively displayed on the NDBC site for me in the USA.
                          Log goes to HS log, you can filter by plugin (FROM FILTER), then EXPORT to file.

Comment

Log attached. AKWeather-NDBC.txt
                            Air Temp seems to be an issue in four of my five stations, but it is in the device name.
                            Is it possible that when there is a missing value from the station to display the previous value, for example Wave height for 44017 is missing data for a few tried but then it's there.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 01-14-23 at 09.20 AM.png Views:	2 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	1586454

Comment

I create HS devices when data for this device is available. So if Air Temp was created, but the current value is Unknown - means that at some point it was available, but now it's not. Possible if you changed the buoy id? You can safely delete the Unknown devices, they will be re-created if data becomes available (you need to restart the plugin just in case after deleting).

> when there is a missing value from the station to display the previous value

I don't think it's a good idea, it will be mis-leading...

Comment

Working...
                              X