Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to add multiple locations to grab weather from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to add multiple locations to grab weather from?

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
    Is it possible to add multiple locations to grab weather from? When I select the "Add new location" slider, then hit save, it just overwrote my first location. Is that intended or should it be creating a second location for me?
    It should create the second location, that's how everybody is using the plugin - and nobody had this issue.

When first location is created - did you rename it? It is possible that when second location is created - it's using same name as the first one?

Please post more info you can, i.e. screenshots, log, etc.

I was able to add a second location. I am using Chrome browser on Windows 10.

When I slide the "Add new location" slider then hit save I get a second location next to my current location beside Settings. My new location just says "Manitoba, Canada". I am then able to open "Manitoba, Canada" and change the weather provider to Can Weather and Save. Then I can choose from the list of available locations and Save. Devices are created.

I did rename the first location which was initially named "Manitoba Canada" to a more descriptive title. It is possible, as Alex pointed out, that it is using the same name as the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
      I was able to add a second location. I am using Chrome browser on Windows 10.

When I slide the "Add new location" slider then hit save I get a second location next to my current location beside Settings. My new location just says "Manitoba, Canada". I am then able to open "Manitoba, Canada" and change the weather provider to Can Weather and Save. Then I can choose from the list of available locations and Save. Devices are created.

I did rename the first location which was initially named "Manitoba Canada" to a more descriptive title. It is possible, as Alex pointed out, that it is using the same name as the first one.
      It's using same name, but assigned location id is different, you probably just didn't notice the other location with the same name.

Comment

Chalk this up to user error, just tried it again and it seemed to work properly. I must have messed something up last time. I thought I had changed the name last time I did it but maybe I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
          Chalk this up to user error, just tried it again and it seemed to work properly. I must have messed something up last time. I thought I had changed the name last time I did it but maybe I didn't.
          I suspect it's caused by HS Settings pages keeping input info as I mentioned here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...33#post1492233

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

It should create the second location, that's how everybody is using the plugin - and nobody had this issue.

When first location is created - did you rename it? It is possible that when second location is created - it's using same name as the first one?

Please post more info you can, i.e. screenshots, log, etc.
            alexbk66 I'm having the same issue with adding a second location. I had renamed my first location to be called "Home". When try to add another location it simply wrote over the first one and put in a street address (which is not quite my home address, but something close - I suspect based on the longitude-latitude values in the settings page).

I'm on a HomeTroller Plus FYI. Non beta version: 4.0.0.99

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
              alexbk66 I'm having the same issue with adding a second location. I had renamed my first location to be called "Home". When try to add another location it simply wrote over the first one and put in a street address (which is not quite my home address, but something close - I suspect based on the longitude-latitude values in the settings page)
              Did you close and re-open the settings page? Just refreshing the page doesn't work for some reason.

And yeah, the address is based on your Lat/Lon

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                Did you close and re-open the settings page? Just refreshing the page doesn't work for some reason.

And yeah, the address is based on your Lat/Lon
                Okay. So what I found to work was to remove the Lat/Long values from the Setup/General tab before creating the new location. This time it created it but added it as opposed to writing over the one I previously created.

Comment

I would suggest maybe prompting the user to enter the lat/long values when creating a location rather than grabbing them from the Setup page? Maybe this will work around the issue we faced?

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
                    Okay. So what I found to work was to remove the Lat/Long values from the Setup/General tab before creating the new location. This time it created it but added it as opposed to writing over the one I previously created.
                    I would suggest maybe prompting the user to enter the lat/long values when creating a location rather than grabbing them from the Setup page? Maybe this will work around the issue we faced?
                    I can reproduce the issue, but can't understand what exactly is causing it. I always rename the location, so never faced the problem.

Comment

Ok, for now I found what works - after creating a location restart the plugin, then another location can be added and plugin needs to be restarted again.

Comment

Restarting a plugin between adding locations doesn't sound like a good long term solution...fine for a temporary work around, but there's gotta be a better way to deal with the issue?

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.6 (in BETA until approved by HST) - fixed unique Location ID

Comment

Working...
                          X