Ecowitt Wind Speed Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecowitt Wind Speed Units

Any chance of being able to select what the wind speed units display as? Currently wind speed is coming in as m/s, but I'd prefer km/h. I have the WS View app setup as km/h, and it shows that way in their app, but I'm guessing the data the GW1000 outputs to your plugin doesn't respect the settings in the app, and just outputs a default value of m/s?

If that is the case, any chance of being able to add a drop down to select what units should be used with Ecowitt?

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
    If that is the case, any chance of being able to add a drop down to select what units should be used with Ecowitt?
    Sure, I'm thinking if it's a user preference for the wind speed units - the setting should be probably be in the plugin Settings, not per location?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Sure, I'm thinking if it's a user preference for the wind speed units - the setting should be probably be in the plugin Settings, not per location?
      Yes, personally I would be fine with it as a global setting.

Comment

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
        Yes, personally I would be fine with it as a global setting.
        And I think it only makes sense for metric units (m/s or km/hr), in US it's only mph?

Comment

And I think it only makes sense for metric units (m/s or km/hr), in US it's only mph?
          The other option is knots, which is generally only used by pilots. Even on Canada our aviation forecasts still use knots for wind speed.

It is the one case where I could see someone wanting a different unit from the other stations, if it says at a landing strip for instance.
          ​​​​

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.27 (BETA) - Added toggle "Speed units km/h (instead of m/s)"

Comment

Ver 4.0.1.27 (BETA) - Added toggle "Speed units km/h (instead of m/s)"
              Thanks, just downloaded and tested it. It is changing but I think your math is off.

km/h = m/s * 3.6

I think your program is doing:

km/h = m/s / 3.6

At least that is what it looks like based off the numbers I am seeing.

Comment

Yeah, you are right, try ver 4.0.1.28

Comment

Perfect, that has it! Appreciate your quick fixes!

Comment

No problem

Comment

Hi There just bought your PI - Working Great! Good Job.
                      Question, regarding Wind Speed Metric KM/hr how do you set this?
                      I'm running Ambient 5000

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pdixon View Post
                        Hi There just bought your PI - Working Great! Good Job.
                        Question, regarding Wind Speed Metric KM/hr how do you set this?
                        Normally units are selected automatically based on the HS setting (°F vs °C). For metric units the only selection is for speed, default is m/s - but you can change to km/h on the plugin main Setting page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-03-11.png
Views:	85
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1531387

Comment

Thanks Alex, geez I don't know how I missed that.
                          Quick question, do you report battery status for Ambient 5000?

Thanks for your quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by pdixon View Post
                            Quick question, do you report battery status for Ambient 5000?
                            I started a new thread, as this one is about Speed Units

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...r-ambient-5000

Comment

Working...
                            X