Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ver 4.0.0.99 " Error Downloading Update bad or Missing Zip File An Exception occurred

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by rmies1 View Post
    PS - Homeseer Support never answered my escalation. I wonder if anyone is there at the other end. or are we facing a Vapoware issue.
    They still there, but just sh## customer service 😂

Leave a comment:

• rmies1
    replied
    PS - Homeseer Support never answered my escalation. I wonder if anyone is there at the other end. or are we facing a Vapoware issue.

Leave a comment:

• rmies1
    replied
    Thanks for sending over the Zlp file- Fortunately - I did a closer review of my Firewall Logs and discovered that it was being rejected by the AV Gateway Component of the FW.
    I created an exception to the IP address in question for the purposed of downloading the update and was sucessfull.
    Thereafter removed the exception and sent the Packet info and files for closer inspection to the FW Manufacturer. ( A scan by Mcafee and Defender as well as Acronis did not reveal any Viral issues. - Notable The other plugin had the same issue " LGThinQ " and it also passed through. It could be that the UTM FW detected an additional party or issue with the sending server as well.

I did use your zip file in OneDrive so you can disable it.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Hmmm, the zip file is too big for the forum...

Here's the link to OneDrive file, copy it to the HS root folder.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak57ZQxlTL9PnuIg...S5eTA?e=oLqUwo

Please remove "txt" extension from updater_override.json file and also copy it to the HS root folder.

Then just normally install the plugin

updater_override.json.txt

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Hmmm, it still doesn't work for you? It must be some firewall issue...
    I can send you the latest 4.0.1.46 zip file (with updateroverride), in HS4 they changed the updateroverride format to json, so may take a couple of iterations to get it going.
    And I will hustle Tyler, but not much hope there.

As a final note what's LGTHINQ? And what is the problem?

[EDIT]
    For LGTHINQ - may I ask you to start a new thread as it's a different issue.

Leave a comment:

• rmies1
    replied
    Ok I followed you advice and filed a ticket, Sadly I got a runaround ( Ticket Number HSPI 168) Filled Oct 11, I requested that Tyler send me a download he indicated that that would be a bandaid. if which I agree. However I have not heard back from him since Oct 13,2021 - I have tried escalation but this gets me nowhere I have not heard anything from anyone at Homeseer,
    Is it possible that
    1. you can ask them on the back end or alternatively send file that I can run direct. Please Not should you discuss with Rich ,
    1. I have been a customer since 2000,
    2. I understand that last year and this there have been socio political and personal challenges,
    3. Just tell folks there is no escalation process and that tickets will take weeks to resolve. I can not fathom that they do not have logging on what happens when an update is requested by an enduser..
    As a final note I have this problem with your pligin and LGTHINQ . all other plugins update correctly without issue .
    Any help you can afford is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by rmies1 View Post
    I tried the beta and received the same error jut to troubleshoot on my end what location or country does the Zip file come from.
    Need to ensure that my FW is not blocking.
    I have no idea - please contact support@homeseer.com

Leave a comment:

• rmies1
    replied
    I tried the beta and received the same error jut to troubleshoot on my end what location or country does the Zip file come from.
    Need to ensure that my FW is not blocking.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Please enable "Show Beta Plugins" on the Plugins=>Add page and try ver 4.0.1.35 BETA

If you still have the issue please contact HST support - it's not really the plugin problem.

[EDIT]

I can also provide the zip if nothing else works.

Leave a comment:

• Ver 4.0.0.99 " Error Downloading Update bad or Missing Zip File An Exception occurred

I have tried to update on numerous occasions and get this error. Over the last course of last week.
    Any Ideas.
    Note I disabled FW's temporarily as well as any geo blocking I had . I get a trace that the file is calling out to an IP located at vultr.com a cloud provider I believe HS uses.
    Attached are my Details. any help on this is appreciated or a direct download while issue if not in my control is sorted out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	526
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1500830
    Code:
    Date/time
    10/6/2021 7:31:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    Version
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows)
    License
    Registered
    License ID
    XXXXXXX
    MyHS Subscription
    Basic
    MyHS Subscription Backup Interval
    No Backup
    MyHS Subscription Max Cameras
    Confguration File
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\Jan2018_10.json
    In Virtual Machine
    No MFG: intel corporation
    Antivirus
    OS
    Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard - Server
    OS Version
    Uptime
    1 Day 0 Hours 15 Minutes 31 Seconds
    User/Access
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lan IP
    XXXXXXX (WAYNEWEBSVRXX
    WAN IP
    XXXXXXXX
    Device Count
    Event Count
    Last Event Ran
    Weather Run Script, Ran at 10/6/2021 7:30:31 AM
    # of unique event scripts
    Connected Speaker Clients
    WAYNEWEBSVR18 (127.0.0.1):DEFAULT, FAMILY ROOM DISPLAY (10.0.1.8):[GOOGLE NEST HUB], KITCHEN DISPLAY (10.0.1.8):[GOOGLE NEST HUB], MASTER BEDROOM DISPLAY (10.0.1.8):[GOOGLE NEST HUB]
    Processor:
    Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 at 2.14 GHz
    Modules/Threads
    125 Modules, 107 Threads
    Available Threads
    System Load
    134 Processes, 35% Load
    Free/Total Memory
    5.96 GBytes / 8.00 GBytes (75% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory
    7.25 GBytes / 9.25 GBytes (78% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used
    143 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used
    15 EXE Plug-Ins using 579 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed
    AK GoogleCast 4.0.0.36,AK Weather 4.0.0.99,BLLock 3.0.38.0,BLRoombaWifi 2.0.37.0,Device History 3.2.0.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,Homekit bridge 1.491.16343.807,HS MyQ 4.0.7.0,HS-WX200 Multi-Status 1.0.7860.19465,LG ThinQ 4.0.15.0,Linktap 3.0.1.0,Napco Gemini 3.0.2.2,Nest 3.0.0.34,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.7,SNMPMONITOR 2.0.0.0,VWS 3.0.0.21,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
Working...
X