Weatherflow settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherflow settings

I got the Weatherflow Tempest and installed easily enough. For those using WF are you using Weatherflow Local or regular Weatherflow?

Also, for now I enabled "Local" and wind is showing in m/s. I don't see where to change that in the plug-in. The Tempest app is set for mph as are my PC settings.

I also don't see a "rain" feature and to me that's the most important feature. The Tempest records rain and it shows on their app but not in HS4, at least not in the first 30 minutes of playing around.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I got the Weatherflow Tempest and installed easily enough. For those using WF are you using Weatherflow Local or regular Weatherflow?

Also, for now I enabled "Local" and wind is showing in m/s. I don't see where to change that in the plug-in. The Tempest app is set for mph as are my PC settings.

I also don't see a "rain" feature and to me that's the most important feature. The Tempest records rain and it shows on their app but not in HS4, at least not in the first 30 minutes of playing around.
    (1) You can use both Local and Remote - i.e. create two Locations - and compare. Remote has benefit of forecast, Local doesn't depend on internet.

(2) Regarding wind units - what exactly do you mean? The value is wrong, or it shows the unit "m/s"? Please be more exact. It should be using HS units.

(3) "Rain" is "Precipitation".

I need more info, i.e. what modules do you have, Air, Sky?
    Please post screenshots of both HS devices and Location config.
    Please enable "Log" in Location settings and post relevant logs.

Comment

[UPDATE]

Please try ver 4.0.2.73 (BETA) - you need to enable "Show Beta Plugins" on Plugins => Add page.

The value of the wind speed was incorrectly converted from km/h, but Tempest reports m/s. But it should be converted from m/s to mph if HS is set to imperial units.

For the rain I was showing rain_minute in rain_total device, fixed.

Since I don't own Tempest - please provide more details if you have issues, i.e. what is expected value and what is the actual value you see. Also logs.

Comment

alexbk66 I will follow up after this beta. Thanks for the prompt response.

Comment

I'm slowly making progress. Comments
          When adding a station it defaults to an address very close to my house, but on a different street. Not sure why.

Wind speed still shows m/s even with the latest beta. I assure you I have imperial settings with the exception of a 24 hour clock. This applies to my PC, Tempest, HS4.

I am getting this error when trying the REMOTE WEATHERFLOW
          6/22/2022 08:59:51

AK Weather
          Warning
          [8767] '3187, Eastern Pkwy REMOTE, Baldwin Harbor, NY, 11510': ExecuteAsync {OBSERVATIONS} [https://swd.weatherflow.com/swd/rest.../station/76981 '?api_key=af0c6348-f705-4e5f-b0a2-632c625f889a']: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. [Status = SecureChannelFailure]

AK Weather
          Info
          [8767] '3187, Eastern Pkwy REMOTE, Baldwin Harbor, NY, 11510': ExecuteAsync {OBSERVATIONS} [https://swd.weatherflow.com/swd/rest.../station/76981 '?api_key=af0c6348-f705-4e5f-b0a2-632c625f889a']

AK Weather
          Warning
          [8767] '3187, Eastern Pkwy REMOTE, Baldwin Harbor, NY, 11510': ExecuteAsync {FORECAST} [https://swd.weatherflow.com/swd/rest/better_forecast '?api_key=af0c6348-f705-4e5f-b0a2-632c625f889a&station_id=76981']: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. [Status = SecureChannelFailure]

Comment

I need more info, i.e. what modules do you have, Air, Sky?
            Please post screenshots of both HS devices and Location config.

Comment

Please provide output from Tools => Help

Comment

Please try ver 4.0.2.74 (BETA) - (Local) wind units should be fixed. If not changed, please delete the wind speed and gust children devices and restart the plugin.

Multiple Tempest modules can provide same reading types (i.e. wind speed) - so if you have only one Location root for all of them - then I combine the readings, i.e. select maximum wind speed, or minimum lightning_dist.

As explained in the first post in this (rare) case you may want to separate the devices into separate locations.

You can check in the logs for messages like

"presure: 29.697 [conv. from 1005.68 'p'] (change from 24.657)"

or

"wind_spd: don't overwrite 10.289 (val 0.827 [conv. from 0.37 's']) [max]"

Comment

I'll check the REMOTE WEATHERFLOW tomorrow, it's a bit late here in AU

Comment

I installed the latest update and decided to try my Remote connection from scratch. I even deleted the API key and created a new one. However, I get the Stations list is empty warning and not sure what goes there.

I "think" everything else will work once I jump through this hoop. I tried the station #, name, etc to no avail.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 06-22-22 at 01.11 PM.png
Views:	126
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1553525

Comment

Code:
                      Date/time=6/22/2022 13:24:42 Eastern Daylight Time
                      Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.13.0 (Windows)
                      License=Registered
                      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
                      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: lenovo
                      Antivirus=
                      OS=Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                      OS Version=6.1.7601
                      Uptime=3 Days 6 Hours 2 Minutes 58 Seconds
                      Lan IP=192.168.1.35 (3187Security-PC)
                      Device Count=940
                      Event Count=248
                      Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 at 2.70 GHz
                      Modules/Threads=128 Modules, 149 Threads
                      Available Threads=1023
                      System Load=113 Processes, 14% Load
                      Free/Total Memory=5.14 GBytes / 7.89 GBytes (65% free)
                      Free/Total Virtual Memory=12.28 GBytes / 15.78 GBytes (78% free)
                      HomeSeer Memory Used=167 Mbytes
                      Plugin Memory Used=18 EXE Plug-Ins using 680 Mbytes
                      Plugins Installed=AK GoogleCast 4.0.0.83,AK Weather 4.0.2.74,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.75,Honeywell WiFi Thermostat 1.4.2.2,HSBuddy 3.28.1222.5,JowiHue 4.0.7.3,mcsMQTT 5.24.10.0,Philips Hue 4.0.24.0,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.9,SolarEdge 4.0.14.0,Tuya 4.0.37.0,WeatherFlow 3.0.0.33,Z-Wave 3.0.10.1,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.46.0

Comment

This happens no matter what I put for WeatherFlow station. FYI, all this worked just fine yesterday but I wasn't getting some of the features, then I installed the latest beta and deleted the device. When I re-created, everything fell apart. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 06-22-22 at 02.01 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	1553551

Comment

"Station List is empty" because of the connection error. It can't get your station because it can't connect.

From the info you posted - you are on Windows 7? There's an issue on older Windows with TLS (security) - as I remember, all websites are now on latest TLS1.2, but older Windows still use TLS1 which is obsolete.

I'll try to find, there was already a discussion before about this.

How's Local connection? Any issues?

Comment

There's quite a few posts about TLS issues on HS forums https://www.google.com/search?q=home...secure+channel

One suggested fix is to add

Code:
                            <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions= false"/>
                            in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_AKWeather.exe.config" file under <runtime> section (stop the plugin first):

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-06-23 (2).png Views:	0 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	1553651

Comment

I added as suggested but no joy. Here is my contents.
                              Code:
                              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                              <configuration>
                              <startup>
                              <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2"/>
                              </startup>
                              <runtime>
                              <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions= false"/>
                              <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                              <probing privatePath="bin/AKWeather;bin/homeseer;"/>
                              <dependentAssembly>
                              <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" culture="neutral"/>
                              <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-13.0.0.0" newVersion="13.0.0.0"/>
                              </dependentAssembly>
                              <dependentAssembly>
                              <assemblyIdentity name="System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral"/>
                              <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0"/>
                              </dependentAssembly>
                              <dependentAssembly>
                              <assemblyIdentity name="System.ValueTuple" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral"/>
                              <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.3.0" newVersion="4.0.3.0"/>
                              </dependentAssembly>
                              <dependentAssembly>
                              <assemblyIdentity name="System.Memory" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral"/>
                              <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.1.1" newVersion="4.0.1.1"/>
                              </dependentAssembly>
                              </assemblyBinding>
                              </runtime>
                              </configuration>

Comment

Working...
                              X