Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Underground | Location Setup Error, No way to modify Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Underground | Location Setup Error, No way to modify Setup?

Just finished setting up AK Weather Plug-in and a Location to retrieve data from my Weather Underground station.
    - Entered my API Key and no data retrieved, indicating invalid API Key.
    - Returned to Manage Locations and there is no way to modify config.
    - I now the API Key works because I have a old HS3 system and the API Key works on another Plugin
    - I attempted to setup a 2nd time and verified it was a good API Key, same error no devices created

AK Weather: v4.0.4.13
    Thanks for your help...Ken

Please provide more info, i.e.

- Output from Tools => Help
    - "no way to modify config" - what do you mean? Maybe some screenshots.
    - "same error" - what's the error? Maybe some screenshots / logs.
    - Enable Log for the Location and post output
    - You can PM your API key so I can test

Comment

Off topic, I found interesting info

The Weather Underground (also known as Weatherman or the Weathermen) was a radical-left violent extremist group that was active from the late 1960s through the mid-1970s.
      https://www.influencewatch.org/organ...an-weathermen/

Comment

I was able to finally setup a valid Weather Underground Location linked to my Station after deleting the First Location (that failed) and clearing out the failed entry in the AKWeather.ini file.
        It appears you have to perform SAVE several times during the setup after entering the Name, API Key so it will lookup the stations for the API Key.
        Bottomline, got it to work, THANKS.

Comment

Yeah, the first time you select the provider - you need to Save, then you enter the API key and Save again. Then the API key is stored for the selected provider - next time you select the same provider - the API key will be already set.

I guess it's a little UI usability issue - I need to hide the API key field until the provider is selected.

[EDIT]

Fixed in next release.

Comment

Working...
          X