INFO: Commission Ecowitt GW1100 without using Mobile App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFO: Commission Ecowitt GW1100 without using Mobile App

As I was setting up my Ecowitt GW1100, I ran into an issue getting it configured to work with this plug in.

My WSView app would not display device properties, so I couldn't set the Homeseer Server IP to make the device work with Ambient Weather Local provider.

I found this work-around to gain access to the device settings and was able to enable access to the provider.

------------------------------
    1: Turn data off on mobile device/laptop.
    2: Press wifi reset button for 5 seconds to enter setup mode.
    3: Enable wifi on mobile device and connect to GW1100X-XXXXX network.
    4: Open browser and navigate to 192.168.4.1. This opens the embedded web page on the GW1100

All settings for the device are available on this embedded web page. This allows connections to the wifi network, device settings (for date and time), and registering to Ecowitt Weather Service if necessary.

This embedded web page also allows setup of local Weather Services. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220925-191746.png Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	1567827

After selecting Weather Services, this page appears:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220925-191843.png Views:	0 Size:	42.5 KB ID:	1567828
    Scroll down to find the "Customized" section. Select "Enable" radio button, then "Ecowitt" protocol type.
    Server IP is the IP of the machine where Homeseer resides.
    Path is simply /
    Port is 7777, to work with the Ambient Weather Local provider of this plug-in. Scrolling further (not shown in the screenshot) if the SAVE button.

After settings are complete, power off Ecowitt device, connect mobile device/laptop to typical wifi network, then power Ecowitt device back on.
    --------------------------------

Edited for clarity.
Working...
X