Imperial Units vs displayed Metric Units Ecowitt GW1100B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Units vs displayed Metric Units Ecowitt GW1100B

I just installed the HS4 Plugin and added my Ecowitt Weather Station using the GW100B_V2.0.4. The HS4 Devices are all show in metric units. HS4 settings are set for temps in Fahrenheit. The GW1100B displays imperial units when view it's web page to view live data.

How do I display the Ecowitt data with imperial units in HS4?

Which Ecowitt provider are you using?
    Can you please post screenshots of the devices and Location Settings.
    Can you enable the Log for the Location, restart the plugin, filter HS log by plugin (FROM FILTER) and export the log to a file.

Comment

I initially used the "Ecowitt New" provider, but only got metric values. I then deleted the location and recreated the location using "Ecowitt" provider. Still got metric values. After reading your response, I gather the information requested. Reference files prefixed with "Provider - Ecowitt". I then changed the provider to "Ecowitt New" without deleting the location. After saving it, I had to re-enter the IP and save again. After doing this the devices now show imperial units. Reference files prefixed with "Provider - Ecowitt New".

Therefore, as it stands right now, I'm good and everything is working. Not sure what caused the odd behavior so I'm shooting you the requested attached files for your use/reference in the event their is a minor bug in the code causing the behavior.

I sent you a private message with the requested files.

Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
        I initially used the "Ecowitt New" provider, but only got metric values. I then deleted the location and recreated the location using "Ecowitt" provider. Still got metric values. After reading your response, I gather the information requested. Reference files prefixed with "Provider - Ecowitt". I then changed the provider to "Ecowitt New" without deleting the location. After saving it, I had to re-enter the IP and save again. After doing this the devices now show imperial units. Reference files prefixed with "Provider - Ecowitt New".

Therefore, as it stands right now, I'm good and everything is working. Not sure what caused the odd behavior so I'm shooting you the requested attached files for your use/reference in the event their is a minor bug in the code causing the behavior.

I sent you a private message with the requested files.

Forrest
        Thank you Forrest,

I'll try reproducing the issue with "Ecowitt New" provider. Usually more detailed description of the problem is helpful, i.e. in some cases only some value missises units conversion, not all, etc. I'll check your PM.

-Alex

Comment

BTW, kesterf you can rename the Location (under "Location Name") i.e. call it simply "Home"

Comment

kesterf one minor issue I see - the Lux value differs between two providers - can you please verify which value is correct?

BTW, you can have two Locations and select two different providers to compare simultaneously.

Comment

Alex, I got home after dark today. I should be able to compare the Ecowitt live data with the HS4 "Ecowitt" provider and HS4 "Ecowitt New" providers tomorrow. I'll post the results

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                BTW, kesterf you can rename the Location (under "Location Name") i.e. call it simply "Home"
                Thanks. I renamed it today.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                  kesterf one minor issue I see - the Lux value differs between two providers - can you please verify which value is correct?

BTW, you can have two Locations and select two different providers to compare simultaneously.
                  alexbk66, The readings I have from the 3 sources are:

Ecowitt Live Data: 6.18 Kfc/524.67 w/m2/66.48 kLux
                  Ecowitt Provider: 66469 lm
                  Ecowitt New Provider: 66 lm

There are slight differences that I imagine relate to when the data was read. If I understand the units in your weather plugin correctly (assuming "lm" is Lumens/ 1 m2), the Ecowitt provider is the correct reading.​

Forrest

Comment

Working...
                  X