Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ver 4.0.5.18 - Changed $$GLOBALVAR to 0-based "alert0", "alert1", etc

Comment

The space is here. This is copied as text right from the Feature Name. Between the "t" and the opening bracket "["
      Alert [0]
      As opposed to seeing "Alert[0]" that's one of the things that threw me for a loop. All good.

I'm good with starting at zero and didn't think about all the other weather services that might also use the Alert part. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        didn't think about all the other weather services that might also use the Alert part. Thanks!
        Most of my code is generic, shared between providers. Which makes it a bit complicated, but also makes it less work to add new providers. That's why I could afford 45 providers.

Comment

racerfern global variables are set only when the alert trigger fires.

Comment

I don't seem to have the “Effective” field (date/time when the alert conditions will start) as a device for NOAA2 weather alerts.

Is there an easy way to add it?

(I do have an “Alert Ends” device, but not an “Alert Starts” or “Alert Effective” or “Event Onset” device to know when the alerted event is supposed to start)

Here (from HS4 log) is the station and zone I have akweather configured to check:

Code:
            3/19/2023 12:03:43 PM
            AK Weather
            Warning
            [5159] 'Hercules NOAA Alerts': (NOAA2) Radar station for 'KCQT' (*masked*,*masked*): 'KSOX', forecast zone 'CAZ368' (Los Angeles County Inland Coast including Downtown Los Angeles, CA) (stations: )

==EDIT== the field is being returned to the Plugin. When I turn on Trace logging I see this in the HS4 log:

Code:
            {
            "sent": "2023-03-19T14:21:00-07:00",
            "effective": "2023-03-19T14:21:00-07:00"
            "onset": "2023-03-21T07:00:00-07:00",
            "expires": "2023-03-19T22:30:00-07:00",
            "ends": "2023-03-21T23:00:00-07:00",
            ​...
            if easy, it would be great to have effective, onset, and expires in addition to end.

Thanks

————-

AK Weather 4.0.5.18

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 on Windows 11 Pro - Work Station 10.0.22621

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
              I don't seem to have the “Effective” field (date/time when the alert conditions will start) as a device for NOAA2 weather alerts.

(I do have an “Alert Ends” device, but not an “Alert Starts” or “Alert Effective” or “Event Onset” device to know when the alerted event is supposed to start)

Code:
              {
              ​...
              if easy, it would be great to have effective, onset, and expires in addition to end.
              I'll check

Comment

[mention]alexbk66 [/mention] I don't seem to have the “Effective” field (date/time when the alert conditions will start) as a device for NOAA2 weather alerts.

Here (from HS4 log) is the station and zone I have akweather configured to check:

Code:
                3/19/2023 12:03:43 PM
                AK Weather
                Warning
                [5159] 'Hercules NOAA Alerts': (NOAA2) Radar station for 'KCQT' (34.11618,-118.367622): 'KSOX', forecast zone 'CAZ368' (Los Angeles County Inland Coast including Downtown Los Angeles, CA) (stations: )
                I also see this warning on plugin startup but i don't think it's related:

Code:
                3/19/2023 12:29:38 PM
                AK Weather
                Warning
                [5159] 'Hercules NOAA Alerts': (NOAA2) Unknown units (r): 'mm'
                For reference, “Effective” field I am looking for is here:

https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwaca...b0b8fbd07b39cd

Thanks

————-

AK Weather 4.0.5.18

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 on Windows 11 Pro - Work Station 10.0.22621

It's not necessary to ask in two different threads.

Comment

Sorry, I had an error in Tapatalk, I did not know it posted twice

Comment

Code:
                    {
                    ​...
                    "effective" or ("onset") is the "Timestamp" device. There's no “Alert Starts” as such.

Not sure what's the difference between "effective" and "onset".
                    Also, not sure what's the difference between "effective" and "onset".

[EDIT]

My understanding is - "effective" is when the alert was issued, but the actual "start" is the "onset"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	1599815

Comment

I also see this warning on plugin startup but i don't think it's related:

Code:
                      3/19/2023 12:29:38 PM
                      AK Weather
                      Warning
                      [5159] 'Hercules NOAA Alerts': (NOAA2) Unknown units (r): 'mm'

This was old code removed in 4.0.5.21

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                        My understanding is - "effective" is when the alert was issued, but the actual "start" is the "onset"?
                        I'm not sure.

I do know that the iOS Weather uses one of those fields to provide a window for when the alert is in effect, and that window can start any time (even days) after the alert is issued.

Would it make sense for the plugin to provide all of them and the user can decide to hide the ones they don't care about?

I would probably keep track of them all and then be able to figure out what they mean after a few alerts

===EDIT===

my use case is to put my house into a different mode when strong winds are anticipated that will likely knock out our power. I sometimes see wind advisories appear days before they are effective so I don’t want the house to go into that “prepare for power outage” mode until right before the effective or onset date/time (I don’t know which one because both values were the same in the last alerts I checked — but both were later than the time stamp of when the alert was issued)

Comment

Would it make sense for the plugin to provide all of them and the user can decide to hide the ones they don't care about?
                          I guess yes. I'm just trying to minimise number of HS devices, and for the alert you need only two - the start and the end. And I'm using same devices for all other providers, so it can affect them as well.

Comment

Ver 4.0.5.47 - NOAA2 - Added Alert Onset/Effective/Expires/Ends devices.

Timestamp device = Alert Sent

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	1599980

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                              Ver 4.0.5.47 - NOAA2 - Added Alert Onset/Effective/Expires/Ends devices.

Timestamp device = Alert Sent

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	1599980
                              Thanks [mention]alexbk66 [/mention] !

I updated the plugin but don't see the new devices.

Do I need to wait until there is a new alert for it to create the new devices, or do I need to delete my NOAA Alerts location and create a new one?

Comment

Thanks [mention]alexbk66 [/mention] !

I updated the plugin but don't see the new devices.

Do I need to wait until there is a new alert for it to create the new devices, or do I need to delete my NOAA Alerts location and create a new one?
                                The devices will be created when the alert appears. Do you have an active alert now?

Comment

Working...
                                X