X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davis Weather Link Live - Timeouts

I'm getting a lot of these in the log file:
    2/5/2023 2:02:41 PM AK Weather Warning
    [3375] 'WLL Local': ExecuteAsync {CURRENT`1} [http://192.168.1.137/v1/current_conditions]: The operation has timed out. (tm 5000)

​But there is nothing wrong with the link. For example, if I enter the link into my browser, I can hit refresh several times and I get the JSON data in return, never a timeout. Is there a way to increase the timeout value or another way to fix?

p.s. This is from the Davis AirLink at the above ip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1590724

I think somebody mentioned before that it may timeout when WLL uploads data to the website.

I don't expose Timeout/Retries to the user (I can if necessary), but for WLL Timeout=5s, Retries=3 - so it should retry 3 times before logging timeout.

Please provide output from Tools => Help, and log - enable Log for the Location, filter HS log by plugin (FILTER FROM) and EXPORT to file.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      I think somebody mentioned before that it may timeout when WLL uploads data to the website.

I don't expose Timeout/Retries to the user (I can if necessary), but for WLL Timeout=5s, Retries=3 - so it should retry 3 times before logging timeout.

Please provide output from Tools => Help, and log - enable Log for the Location, filter HS log by plugin (FILTER FROM) and EXPORT to file.
      Here ya go, thank you, From what I can tell the plugin is accessing the WLL every 5 seconds even though I have it set for a 30-second read. But, what do I know?
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. From your log the time between requests is correct about 30 seconds (i.e. 11:58:05, 11:58:50, 11:59:36, 12:00:22, etc).

But I do see a problem - it does two calls at each time, and the second call times-out. The five seconds you refer to is the timeout between retries.

Comment

[EDIT]

I didn't realise that calls are made to different IP, i.e. 192.168.1.136 works, but 192.168.1.137 (Airlink?) times-out.

Please try BETA 4.0.5.19 - added short delay between two calls

Comment

[EDIT]

I didn't realise that calls are made to different IP, i.e. 192.168.1.136 works, but 192.168.1.137 (Airlink?) times-out.

Please try BETA 4.0.5.19 - added short delay between two calls
            The timeouts to the .137 (Airlink) stopped but now I'm getting errors on the .136 (WLL) device. Log attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

You disabled Log? There's not much info.

Socket error 10061 can be caused by many reasons, i.e. on Windows it can be Firewall or Antivirus, but you are on Linux...

Can you try creating two separate Locations and specify "WeatherLinkLive IP Address" in one, and "AirLink IP Address" in the other.

Comment

You disabled Log? There's not much info.

Socket error 10061 can be caused by many reasons, i.e. on Windows it can be Firewall or Antivirus, but you are on Linux...

Can you try creating two separate Locations and specify "WeatherLinkLive IP Address" in one, and "AirLink IP Address" in the other.
                But first, is it possible that a delay needs to be added after the collection of data from the .137 (Airlink) and then back to the .136 (WLL?) You eliminated the timeout between the .136 and .137 devices with the added delay. I'm thinking that another delay after the reading of .137 might do it.

BTW - I don't see any timeouts after re-enabling the log (attached.)
                Attached Files

Comment

I noticed in your log that some readings provided by different sensors are overlapping and I ignore them, i.e.

Code:
                  [ConditionWll lsid 462347 (type 1)] humidity: 75.2
                  [ConditionWll lsid 462347 (type 1)] temp: 62.8
                  [ConditionWll lsid 462347 (type 1)] heatindex: 62.5
                  [ConditionWll lsid 462347 (type 1)] dewpoint: 54.8

[ConditionAirlink lsid 503947 (type 6)] humidity: 61.2 (change from 76.4)
                  [ConditionAirlink lsid 503947 (type 6)] heatindex: don't overwrite 62.7 (val 71.1) [no_overwrite]
                  [ConditionAirlink lsid 503947 (type 6)] dewpoint: don't overwrite 55.4 (val 57.2) [no_overwrite]
                  [ConditionAirlink lsid 503947 (type 6)] temp: don't overwrite 62.9 (val 71.3) [no_overwrite]​
                  So basically these Airlink readings are ignored (except for humidity for some reason). If you care about Airlink readings - you should create separate Location for Airlink lsid 503947 - as described here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ts-weatherlink

Comment

avpman these Linux timeouts should be fixed in ver 4.0.5.40

Comment

OK, I'll wait for that version and post back results. It's not in the store yet.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                        OK, I'll wait for that version and post back results. It's not in the store yet.
                        It's already available, in BETA section of the updater until approved by HST.

Comment

It's already available, in BETA section of the updater until approved by HST.
                          👍Ok

Comment

So far so good on the timeouts. I'm still getting these, however. Eventually, it does connect.

[3375] 'WLL Local': ExecuteAsync {CURRENT`1} [http://192.168.nnn.nnn/v1/current_conditions]: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) [socket error = 10061] [IEX(1): Connection refused] [wex.Status = ConnectFailure]

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                              So far so good on the timeouts. I'm still getting these, however. Eventually, it does connect.
                              [3375] 'WLL Local': ExecuteAsync {CURRENT`1} [http://192.168.nnn.nnn/v1/current_conditions]: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) [socket error = 10061] [IEX(1): Connection refused] [wex.Status = ConnectFailure]
                              Do you mean it doesn't work at all with the new version? Or you are getting these errors occasionally? You say "I'm still getting these" - do you mean you were getting the errors before update too?

Comment

Working...
                              X